autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rarley wash-use Ultima Waterless Concentrate

Am I the only one who rarely hose washes my car? I almost exclusivley use the Ultima Concentrate unless it's muddy. I really like that stuff. Sometimes I use a spray wax/detailer. I just don't see a down side to this? Am I missing something? My cars a are always clean and the wax seems to be long lived.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rarley wash-use Ultima Waterless Concentrate

I think there's a plenty number of people that use waterless or rinseless washes. I do sometimes, when it's inconvenient to use a hose.

However, I do think that if the car is really grimy, nothing beats a hose, and a foam pre-wash, then a real wash.

Post Thanks / Like

- I'm pretty sure that everytime I've done a waterless wash I've created a bunch of very fine little scratches. And it doesn't make sense to me how it's possible to NOT get more scratching with a waterless wash as opposed to a hose wash - with the hose wash you're hitting it with water and causing alot of the heavier dirt particles to roll off in a wave of water...with a waterless wash you have to wipe that dirt/dust off, dragging it across the paint to some degree no matter how lightly you wipe or how often you change towels.
    - With my experiences doing waterless washes, they end up taking about the same amount of time as a hose wash takes (from start to finish including wheels and areas that are easier to get to with a furry wash mitt and a bunch of soap and water.)
    - I've had trouble getting the product to come off uniformly (I've noticed streaking and haze...I feel like I really have to be careful with the final wipe to get all of the visible residue up - never have that problem with a hose wash.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    Am I the only one who rarely hose washes my car?.
    I am on a cycle that I hose wash my car maybe 10 times a year. But my car is always in a garage and I live in LA so that helps)

Quote Originally Posted by cpa5oh View Post
    - I'm pretty sure that everytime I've done a waterless wash I've created a bunch of very fine little scratches.
    Once you have used the atomizer, you will realize that the waterless wash is the way to go. It lays down a uniform pattern and without any effort. There is no scratching on the car and it's way faster than a hose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Only time I do a regular hose and bucket wash is after a compound or polish. Otherwise weekly UWWP or biweekly ONR.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you have used the atomizer, you will realize that the waterless wash is the way to go. It lays down a uniform pattern and without any effort. There is no scratching on the car and it's way faster than a hose.
    [/QUOTE]
    Thanks for this tip. I'm getting it

Post Thanks / Like

I started a thread like this a while back and there were plenty of opinions from everyone. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...l-washing.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else using a pressure washer to foam and rinse, than doing an ONR or waterless wash. I know it defeats the purpose of saving water, but I find it to be a third faster, and the pressure washer cleans a all the grime off and cleans the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Anyone else using a pressure washer to foam and rinse, than doing an ONR or waterless wash. I know it defeats the purpose of saving water, but I find it to be a third faster, and the pressure washer cleans a all the grime off and cleans the wheels.
    It still can save water overall since it cleans better with less water so the overall process is less depending on how much to rinse.

If you use a standard electric PW you will may use 3 to 4 gallons if you use it 2 minutes (plenty of time to rinse paint/wheels then rinse wheels at end if you use an apc). You will use a lot more when you rinse as you wash plus sheeting the water off. If you use 2 buckets with ONR then that is another 6 gallons.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima does make a great rinseless/waterless product.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast