autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Shop-Vac Filters - Which / When?

I own a full size Shop Vac and have always been a little unclear about which filter to use when. The manual also implies the use of more than one filter or a filter and collection bag at the same time.

Right now, my Shop Vac has the foam sleeve and the Donaldson blue cartridge filter. Is this the best set up for vacuuming car interiors and general cleanup like garage floors?

I presume a collection bag would keep the filter cleaner longer, but the Donaldson blue cartridge is washable. What about those sheet filters that wrap around the foam sleeve?

What do you you guys use when on Shop Vac brand full size vacuums?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shop-Vac Filters - Which / When?

Quote Originally Posted by 11PX1 View Post
    I own a full size Shop Vac and have always been a little unclear about which filter to use when. The manual also implies the use of more than one filter or a filter and collection bag at the same time.

Right now, my Shop Vac has the foam sleeve and the Donaldson blue cartridge filter. Is this the best set up for vacuuming car interiors and general cleanup like garage floors?

I presume a collection bag would keep the filter cleaner longer, but the Donaldson blue cartridge is washable. What about those sheet filters that wrap around the foam sleeve?

What do you you guys use when on Shop Vac brand full size vacuums?
    Not sure of the exact model you have and how often you vacume water, but generally you're suppose to remove the filter before vacuming water. However, I currently have a Shop Vac I bought from Lowes that I never did bother installing the filter as I vacume a lot of wettness. Its been almost 3 years now and it is still running strong

If you don't vacume a lot of water, then just remove the filter each time before you do. For me its to much trouble (or I'm just lazy). The replacement filters are priced crazy too! Almost $20 for a filter for my unit. I only paid 39.99 (on sale reg retail 89.99) for the entire vacume cleaner?!?!? I'll just wait untill it blows up then go get a new one. I won't be getting another Shop Vac. Next time I'm going back with Craftsman

Hope you can decifer what I'm trying to tell you. I just re-read it and could hardly makes sense of it myself

Flash
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like
    @Flash: If your shopvac has been going strong for 3 years why do you want to switch to craftsman when it dies?
    I need a new back this summer but I haven't decided on a brand or model yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRex View Post
    @Flash: If your shopvac has been going strong for 3 years why do you want to switch to craftsman when it dies?
    I need a new back this summer but I haven't decided on a brand or model yet.
    Because of the attachments Craftsman offers. I already have most all of them but they won't work with a Shop Vac. Lowes wanted an arm and a leg just for the coupler that you attach two hoses together. I'm not going to tie up 50-60 dollars worth of acc on something I only paid $40 for. I'm real bull-headed when it comes to stuff like that
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Because of the attachments Craftsman offers. I already have most all of them but they won't work with a Shop Vac. Lowes wanted an arm and a leg just for the coupler that you attach two hoses together. I'm not going to tie up 50-60 dollars worth of acc on something I only paid $40 for. I'm real bull-headed when it comes to stuff like that
    apparently auto correct thinks I need a new back instead of a vac One more question for you. Is there a min amount of peak hp that one should look for when choosing a shop vac?

Post Thanks / Like

apparently auto correct thinks I need a new back instead of a vac One more question for you. Is there a min amount of peak hp that one should look for when choosing a shop vac?
    5hp and above. My friend has a 4.5 that I use and it works great, but his cars hardly get dirty. Not much price difference between the two

Post Thanks / Like

Damn You Auto Correct! - Funny iPhone Fails and Autocorrect Horror Stories

Post Thanks / Like

Typing japanese words in an English based android phone becomes hilarious/annoying in record time. I never believed any of the "i phone fail" type sites until then