autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

More flex questions.

I've been reading a ton of threads on flex DA and am considering the move. I have a PCXP, makita rotary and I am very proficient using both. The flex walk I read about isn't an issue. I did however use a customers GG Da polisher today and I kinda liked it! I cant tell what was different but it seemed like the rotation was a little more forced than my xp. I could t figure out what it was. Perhaps a bigger backing plate. Not sure.

I know there isn't anything I cant do with what I have that I could do with a flex but I'm I retested in cutting down my time doing it. So how much faster is the flex really? What is that forced rotation REALLY doing for you?

Please keep in mind I am looking for more of a detailer for money response and not the home enthusiast.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: More flex questions.

Well I can say that do not waste your money on the Porter Cable 7424xp. I got mine from online site and go to use it starts to smoke on me.

I would go with the Flex DA only because of the forced rotation, to me forced seems like the key there. Am returning my XP and get a flex I think or even maybe the one by Maguire’s makes. I do detailing for a living at my Current job also been doing on the side for about 4yrs give or take. To me I find it is what wax or compound you use that gives your results your looking for and some skill to but mostly the one key item the compound.

Post Thanks / Like

If you already have and use the Makita then I don't see a real need for the Flex 3401.

I could understand getting the GG DA and using that instead of the PC. GG paired with Meg mf pads is awesome. Keep the PC set up with smaller pads or carpet brush or just as a back up. The GG is so much better.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryMobile View Post
    If you already have and use the Makita then I don't see a real need for the Flex 3401.

I could understand getting the GG DA and using that instead of the PC. GG paired with Meg mf pads is awesome. Keep the PC set up with smaller pads or carpet brush or just as a back up. The GG is so much better.
    That is exactly what I had planned. Keep the xp for a carpet brush.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

The forced rotation of the Flex 3401 allows me to use as little or as much pressure as I desire. It's power and ergonomics are two important attributes that bring additional consideration when looking for a new machine..

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette