autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The most over-rated products?

- Chemical Guys Blacklight - I have said it is overrated as a LSP and I just cant see that changing however I did pick up another bottle in trade to try as more of a final step before sealant and LSP.

- Chemical Guys V7 - Same as above but since everyone still sings the praises I am going to try it again as maybe a booster.

- I however feel that 3/4 of chemical guys line is way over-rated and just a hype-machine. The pads are just relabeled buff'n'shine pads. Lava is possibly the worst wax I have ever used (I feel xxx is one of their best waxes). It seems that CG will release a product - sell it into the groun - change the color - slap a new label on it and sell it as this new revolutionary product.

- Woflgang Fuzion, Woflgang sealant, wolfgang cockpit and trim sealant. I have had all 3 and I feel none of them live up to the hype. Fuzion does give a nice look and it is a GOOD wax. But it attracts dust like no ones business and is so short lived its not even funny - At a $200 price point I just dont see the value thus I passed mine onto another person in trade. Wolfgang sealant is mediocre IMHO as I feel BFWD, 4*, and Powerlock are leaps better looking, longer lasting and cheaper. Wolfgang cockpit and trim sealant I feel ended up being alot of hype over a mediocre product and found that ultima interior guard was double fold better in both looks, lasting cleanliness and ease of use. Dont get me wrong I understand Wolfgang is an AG house brand and I dont want to come here and bash it to death but there just seems to be a really good marketing team backing the product more then anything.

- Dodo Juice product line IMHO is really overhyped. I have had alot of their different waxes pass through my hands and I have yet to see one that impressed me at their price point. I have supernatural in the tiki box and it seems really cool but I have heard alot of issues about it and at the price point I would expect it to be a god-send of sorts. HOWEVER I will say I think it just straight badass what DDJ did for the Engel family and for that I respect them.

Post Thanks / Like

1. VX5000 Steamer- IMHO it did no better than the $99 Wagner from Lowe's. For $800 I'd expect just a tiny bit of performance difference.

2. Sonax Full Effect- Not to beat a dead horse, but this stuff is not worth the money. I bought a 6-pack on special from another site. Used it on my wife's car first. I'll never buy again. Meg's APC+ did a muuuuchhhh better job.

3. Tornador Black- I will say it took me LONGER to clean door panels, jambs, center consoles with it than just by pre-soaking with degreaser, toothbrush scrub and then hitting with steam. And I was SOOOOOO looking forward to this being in my stable of go-to products. Not to be.
    davinciautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
    Please explain more....
    Sorry, I'll elaborate further.

For ONR, it does fine as a RW (I add 2oz to a gal, not one because I can't tell the difference between regular distilled water and 1oz:1gal dilution). It does alright as a clay lubricant (if I were to use it at the QD ratio). However, I've used half a bottle to get it to anything satisfying as a QD and I have not found any ratio to my liking (outside of probably using 3/4 of the damn 32oz bottle).

I've used Turtle Wax RW and despite it needing 4x the amount of concentrate to a gallon for a RW, it smells better, doesn't leave any hazing, and it glides much more. Granted, if I were to match ONR in dilution (meaning 4oz to a gal for a RW with ONR), I'm sure it'd be great. But then, it defeats the purpose of even purchasing it as I can get TW OTC and it'd add up to be cheaper.

I've read about better alternatives to concentrates as far as being a multi-purpose product (ultima, pinnacle, GD). I just had high hopes for ONR considering the way people talk about it on this forum.

Then for Sonax, as many many many people mentioned before me, there's a list of better-performing products. I didn't expect Sonax to melt my brake dust away for me. I am well aware that agitation is a must for any product, but for the price? On top of that, I've let it sit on both my wheels (which I do regularly clean) as well as other wheels much dirtier for at least 5-10 minutes with minimal (if that) visual change of color. Lastly, I don't care for the smell. Take all of that and it's just a waste of money.
    2012 Taffeta White Honda Fit Sport
    Flex 3401
    CZ SP-01 Tactical

Post Thanks / Like

OPC for me. I diluted it 3:1 and encountered white spots on my black paint when using it as a presoak with a wash. I also used it to clean my regularly maintained tires and it didnt get as much gunk as my other APC's I had on hand. Used the rest of the bottle for small stuff but wont be buying it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some thoughts on recent posts:

Fuzion: I think it looks awesome and is worth every penny. It's super easy to work with. I love it. Free refill. All waxes attract dust. I love Fuzion - same with Souverän, looks better than anything else IMHO.

Dodo: I just ordered BV and PH Pro. I'm going to try it again. I wasn't super impressed the first time though with PH Pro. If wasn't bad, but I wish it tinted black, not purple.

ONR: my least fav rinseless at this point. I bought a gallon of V3 last year. I much prefer Pinnacle, Duragloss, or UWW+. I just bought a gallon of Pinnacle. Once I use everything up, I'm going to use just Pinnacle. Used as a system with the rinseless, its the best deal out there and also works very well.

CG: like their soaps, wheel cleaners, and APCs. EZyme, Celeste, and Black looked interesting - until I tried Lava. V7 is a great QD and drying aid. It looks great. A sealant it is not. Price by the gallon is great as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RhetoricMixes View Post
    OPC for me. I diluted it 3:1 and encountered white spots on my black paint when using it as a presoak with a wash. I also used it to clean my regularly maintained tires and it didnt get as much gunk as my other APC's I had on hand. Used the rest of the bottle for small stuff but wont be buying it again.
    As far as I concern, you should not let OPC sits on the paint that long.

Post Thanks / Like

chipotle, extremely over rated , I'll take qdoba over it every single time..

Post Thanks / Like

Dry Wash n Guard

By far far one of the dumbest waterless wash products ive seen. Not only are the directions for it stomach cringing, but they want you to apply a small mist on the dirt, then rub it in circular motions, then let the oils haze up.....i mean really now. I dont care what product one uses, circular motions = swirls. Although i know that people still buy it and use it, because they dont have an addition to keeping their cars looking as nice as us in the sunlight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    That's crazy talk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    I do like Qdoba but Chipotle uses local meat to ensure freshness, even the way its raised, you can taste the freshness! Oh yeah, brown rice for the burrito's too and now for the knock out punch....their hot salsa, hmmm......salsa!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast