autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

MTM Hydro Foamer

Has anyone tried the MTM Hydro Foamer with an electric pressure washer? There are some great deals our there on this product, however, there is some conflicting info on wether or not it works well with a consumer type electric pressure washer. Some sites say you need a pressure washer rated at gpm that are approaching a gas machine specs. This foamer looks a lot like the one AG sells, but AG lists no minimum gpm requirement. Any advice?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MTM Hydro Foamer

It works very well, you need a minimum of 1100 psi and 1.45 gpm for it to work. Let me know if you have any other questions, I just got mine last week and am thoroughly impressed at the price and performance).

Post Thanks / Like
    HELP!

I have a Karcher I just bought with 1600 psi and 1.25 gpm. Getting a foamer has been a nightmare. First I thought a G Foamer would be good enough for my 2 cars. I had no pressure washer, no foamer, and didnt want to spend a ton of money just to make foam. So, I bought a Karcher pressure washer for what I though was a good deal for a consumer model (129 $). Then, I get it home and realize an adapter would be needed to use the G Foamer. An adapter was 15 dollars plus shipping from AG for a small plastic piece, so I decided to order a bunch of other stuff at the time just to get it, already kicking myself as I could have bought another pressure washer that would not require an adapter. When I got the adapter, it came in a small paper bag from AG. When I opened the bag; the adapter, a plastic tube and an O ring fell out all in separate pieces (no directions). So, it looked to me like the plastic piece went in first, then the O ring. So, I assembled it that way and went to get a G Foamer. I got the foamer home, and noticed it still didn't fit on the adapter. It now required a 1/4" female quick connect to connect to the 1/4" male connect that was molded into the foamers plastic. So, I went to the local HD where I got the foamer and bought the female quick connect. Then I noticed it would need a male to male hollow piece of NPT pipe to connect the male quick disconnect to the actual Karcher adapter. Went back to HD and found they didn't sell this piece by itself in the pressure washer section, later I realized they had something that would work in plumbing. So, now I was off to find this piece, and ended up finding
    It at Pep Boys for 2 bucks. Success! Right? Wrong. Everything screws together fine and looks good. Excited on my day off wash the car and shoot foam all over the place. I even got some CG Homeydew Foam Wash for the occasion. I go to use it, add soap to the foamer, and it leaks all over the place at the adapter and I get no soap at all in the spray. Soap in reservoir now spills all over and is wasted. Now I'm disgusted and tired of dealing with adapters that may or may not work. So, I go and buy the Karcher brand foamer that looks weak at best on You Tube. But I get it anyway for 20 bucks at a local store. I figure I will use it next time and see, but I know I won't get clingy foam, but it's better than nothing, as I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my adapter set up. The Karcher foamer has no adjustments for mixture or spray - every post about basically says
    It's weak. But, I've all but given up on the adapter since it leaked all over and the machine couldn't make enough pressure with the leak to get any soap from the gun. So, I look on you tube and find a video of an English guy showing the proper way these adapters are assembled internally. It seems, the O ring goes in first and has to sit just so, the plastic tube goes in, the was not obvious. So I disassemble the adapter and reassemble it this way. Now, I have returned the G Foamer and bought the Karcher foamer( direct fit; no adapter required); so, I have no idea if this adapter works or not correctly. I connected it with nothing on, it seems ok, but who knows with an attachment??? So now I have a Karcher Foamer I know I won't be too happy with and an adapter that may or may not leak I paid 15 buck for (plus s and h). if I would have known this I never would have bought a Karcher with there proprietary connection system. All I wanted was an inexpensive pressure washer to use a G Foamer with. So, I paid 129 bucks for the pressure washer and I'm looking at either spending 120 bucks for a known (likely) foamer that will work from AG, or I could make one more attempt to make this work piece wise and order an MTM Foamer for 50 bucks elsewhere that may or may not work with my pressure washer and leaky adapter.I really didn't want to have to spend another 120 for a foamer. Not to mention I'm out 20 dollars for the Karcher foamer I bought out of frustration when I knew it was weak. This has gone way beyond asking for advice, now I'm venting. Two answers that would help is:

1. Will a MTM Hydro Foamer (with adjuster) get good foam with a 1.25 gpm pressure washer 1600 psi?

2. Does the AG Karcher adapter work without leaking all over with a foamer? Has anyone found theirs leaking, taken it apart, re-assembled it with the O ring and then the little plastic tube on top and had success with a MTM Hydro?

3. Should I just bag it and order the AG foamer?? (yeah,
    I know that was 3 questions)
    .... I'd be oh so grateful for any advice, help, or comments!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MTM Hydro Foamer

Did anyone have any reply for this? I recently got a costco snap-on brand pressure washer that's pushing 1650 psi and 1.25 gpm. I connected the mtm hydro with 3 oz cg honeydew to the bottle and its very runny. I wanted to know if it was my specific pressure washer or if this is just expected.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth

1. Will a MTM Hydro Foamer (with adjuster) get good foam with a 1.25 gpm pressure washer 1600 psi?