Hi all. First post!

My username comes from my intention to do some paint restoration on a recently acquired Milano Red Del Sol in very good overall condition. The paint has actually been pretty well maintained but is fading on the plastic trim around the rear window and on the mirrors.

Because I live two miles from the nearest pavement I intend to use the Klasse products as my base. This will hopefully give me long lasting protection from the elements without giving the dust a nice tacky surface to stick to.

My intention is to do a small test spot on the rear window trim starting with KAIO (hoping for a chemical miracle) then, if needed, move on to Megs Ultimate Polish and finally Ultimate Compound all applied by hand. Hopefully at some point in that process I'll get some results, turn the process around and start working forward, then duplicate it on the rest of the problem areas.

I guess my question is, Does anyone happen to have experience with these or similar trouble areas and have any advice to offer before I go it alone?

Would anyone like to theorize why the plastic parts are substantially more faded that the sheet metal parts?