autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

opticoat 2.0 topper / reload-permanon ?

who's the guru on this matter ? as I been determined to top opticoat 2.0 with either reload or permanon .I have seen and read different application methods so what's the best application method of these 2 products ? perm diluted for 5% solution can give a lot of applications . reload I have seen can be diluted also 1:1 , but should it be ? seems permanon is more cost effective with the dilution ratio of it. for reload , how many application can u get out of a bottle and how often u need to apply or reapply ? so looking for some help and guidance in these products to determine which way to go . thanks in advance .

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pmoxfk

Post Thanks / Like
    Richy and Old Tiger are the Permanon gurus. Hopefully they will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: opticoat 2.0 topper / reload-permanon ?

I have used both products and LOVE them both. For me I like them for different applications though. For what your talking about on paint I prefer Reload. For my wheels, calipers, wheel wells, and anywhere else that is intricate permanon is a great tool due to the spray, rinse, blow dry method I employ.

Reload is definitely much cheaper per application. I love Permanon but only seem to get about half the durability that I get from Reload on my paint. Strangely I get great durability on my wheels, calipers, and wells. I have some videos and comparisons with my experiences but I can't link them as I don't think I posted them here out of respect for permanon not being sold by AG.

Actually I just remembered one of them might have made it here. Let me try to find it.

I can tell you Richy and Dad both love Permanon over OC and I look forward to their comments as well.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Here you are, post number 28 of this post is some application comparisons Review: CarPro Reload.
    Last edited by CEE DOG; 04-12-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Having used both permanon and reload, I would vote for reload. The durability of permanon is lacking in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to get some ReLoad. Sounds like great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of reload.

Post Thanks / Like
    calling richy and old tiger for some input

Post Thanks / Like
    Permanon on paint is a waste, only last around a month, but like Corey said on wheels and glass it seems to bond much better, so my vote is reload on paint
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    Richy and Old Tiger are the Permanon gurus. Hopefully they will chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I have used both products and LOVE them both. For me I like them for different applications though. For what your talking about on paint I prefer Reload. For my wheels, calipers, wheel wells, and anywhere else that is intricate permanon is a great tool due to the spray, rinse, blow dry method I employ.

Reload is definitely much cheaper per application. I love Permanon but only seem to get about half the durability that I get from Reload on my paint. Strangely I get great durability on my wheels, calipers, and wells. I have some videos and comparisons with my experiences but I can't link them as I don't think I posted them here out of respect for permanon not being sold by AG.

Actually I just remembered one of them might have made it here. Let me try to find it.

I can tell you Richy and Dad both love Permanon over OC and I look forward to their comments as well.
    My son is right . I prefer Permanon.
    I get good durability over OC. The look is fantastic!
    Initially, I put Permanon Platinum (PP) in a 2.5 oz Finger pump mister. I spray ~ 2sqft area. I wipe it off with a Griots disposable MF towel. It will waterproof a n MF! I buff with a plush long pile MF. I apply only to paint this way and wipe off immediately. I mix a 5% solution and apply to glass and wheels until it starts to run off. I wipe the glass dry with a disposable MF. I blow dry the wheels and wells with my MB.
    Dont cringe but I wash the first 2 or 3 times with ONLY water. The Brits taught me this. Most all washes off with the hose and I wash with a plush MF dipped in water, Dry with the MB but could blot with a foam core wwmf, my towel of choice. This SEEMS to enhance durability. Truth is I boost all with a 5 % solution when the mood strikes me. I am an AutoGeek. I care about appearance only. I cant leave my cars alone enough to ever assess durability. I dont need Aquapel anymore with PP!
    I have no doubt about ReLoad being more economical or durable. IMO it doesnt look as good as PP. A good friend of mine with a black truck couldnt apply ReLoad without streaking. He is a much better detailer than me!

Bottom Line is best cost and durability go to ReLoad!
    Best Look to me is PP. I mix a 5% solution with 10% IPA for all my interior non porous surfaces too!
    Hope this helps!

Ed, thanks! You are way too kind!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast