autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

thinking about buying a tornador black

Hi I was thinking about buying a tornador black. I have read countless post about the air compressor so relax this is not another thread about that. I did read one person say they used their tornador black and the foam attachment. is this true? can I buy the attachment for the z11d (or what ever) and use it on the black? I want to also have the ability to snow foam the outside of the car but do not want to buy 2 tornadors to do so. if the Black can do it I might buy one if I can not use the foam attachment then I probably wont buy one anytime soon. thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: thinking about buying a tornador black

I have been thinking about one also. I wanted to know if it could remove dried wax from pebbled plastic.I started a thread but no responses.

opie_7afe

to remove dried wax use some tarminator or any tar remover thats oil based....just use a stiff bristled brush, tornador wont do much for it i bet....its more for interiors anyways.i think the foamer is a whole different unit and i do not think they interchange, i would email the manufacturer of the tornador and ask them, be the best way to get the best answers, not saying anyone here don't know anything just saying if its in regards to a tool talk to the manufacturer.

Post Thanks / Like

I was referring to this post from DealerDetailer it sounds like you can use it with the foam attachment...

"I use my Tornado Black both at home and at the dealership. The dealership uses a massive air compressor (I don't know its specs) at home I use a small 5gallon unit with the Tornado Black and see NO difference in performance from moving between the two. With the 5 gallon at home I gets 3.5 SCFM at 90psi, if I remember correct. I can normally do what I need to do on the exterior and interior of the car with the compressor turning on 2 or 3 times max during the process.

Couple points and thoughts about the Torando products...

- I use to use the original Tornado also, but I use it ALOT and the spinning ring inside would cut the white plastic to dangerous levels.
    **Yes the make replacements tips and even a replacement with steel inside - but at that price and replacements I just bought the Black, much more economical (the tip no longer hits the plastic housing which I would have to replace)

- The Tornado Black is MUCH more powerful and MUCH quieter, I've found in my use.
    ** the tip on the Tornado Black doesn't hit the plastic housing which makes it so much quieter. There is enough noise in the body shop!!

-Also I can attach the foam tip to it and volia... I have a foam gun!
    ** I use my Black Tornado for everything I can...
    1) Foam gun
    2) Deep carpet cleaning
    3) Leather cleaning
    4) Drying of crevices after exterior wash - No leaf blower need. I also use my compressor needle pointer attachment once in awhile, but mostly the Tornado.
    5) Also use to blow out body shop dust on the car before cleaning or vacuuming.

Hope this helps you out Gene!! "

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know to date..the new Tornador black does not have the "Foamer" yet. I don't know if it will not use one..or if it just has not been released yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I just found this I though some of you might be interested in. I am trying to get a price quote for it

Product Info. : Tornado Cleaner - GA-REW Co., Ltd. Air Blow Eqipment Development and Sales

scroll down to the bottom Tornado Mist Cleaner

it looks like the tornador z017 but this one also sprays a mist of cleaning solution. the video looks pretty good too...