autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: carpro TRIX vs Sonax

Personally, I prefer if I will just spray or wipe the rinse a product to remove contaminants than something rub it up and down, remold it and wipe its lube, especially on wheels. Although the wheel should still be clayed to remove remaining embedded contaminants, it will, as pointed out by kaban, take less time and effort than claying alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaban View Post
    because its meant for wheels.

you can use either one on paint or wheels so technically it doesnt matter. the sonax will remove iron faster because its not a mixed formula. there shouldnt be that much tar on your wheels unless they were never kept up for years. try both products.
    I agree with Kaban. Sonax is amazing on wheels! Heres a recent post I made of Sonax's work on so nasty wheels.

Hideous 9 year old wheels get first cleaning – EVER!
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brawl View Post
    Maybe you can apply both on the first wheel. Sonax first to clean it and then Trix to see if its brake dust and iron particles removing prowess is more powerful than Trix. With that, you can also check the wheel for tar. I read that Trix changes in different colors, depending on the contaminants it touches. If nothing happened with the application of the Trix, the you'll know that Sonax alone will do the job for the rest of the wheels.

If you found iron and tar on the first wheel, then try Trix on the second wheel, and for experiment purposes, apply Sonax after to see if there were things that Trix wasn't able to clean that Sonax can. Trix is cheaper than Sonax, and if it is a very good wheel cleaner, you don't have to buy a wheel cleaner.

Just a suggestion and please share your findings.
    I'll try it out and will share the result. Hopefully this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

I would use TRIX. Its much cheaper than Sonax which I consider to be very overpriced.

Maybe you can apply both on the first wheel. Sonax first to clean it and then Trix to see if its brake dust and iron particles removing prowess is more powerful than Trix. With that, you can also check the wheel for tar. I read that Trix changes in different colors, depending on the contaminants it touches. If nothing happened with the application of the Trix, the you'll know that Sonax alone will do the job for the rest of the wheels.

If you found iron and tar on the first wheel, then try Trix on the second wheel, and for experiment purposes, apply Sonax after to see if there were things that Trix wasn't able to clean that Sonax can. Trix is cheaper than Sonax, and if it is a very good wheel cleaner, you don't have to buy a wheel cleaner.

I agree! Post your findings :nod:

Quote Originally Posted by WRXINXS View Post
    People use Iron X because Clay only shaves off the top layer of iron particles on your paint. The bottom of the particle is still imbedded in your paint. Iron X actually dissolves the entire particle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaban View Post
    because its meant for wheels.

you can use either one on paint or wheels so technically it doesnt matter. the sonax will remove iron faster because its not a mixed formula. there shouldnt be that much tar on your wheels unless they were never kept up for years. try both products.

With TRIX its important to agitate after a couple minutes and then let it sit as prescribed before removing. As long as its agitated (which is the only way I've used it) it will allow the IX and TarX component to remove both Iron and Tar.

Don't let either dry on the wheels and don't apply either in the sun.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

So i tried your method today. I'll post the pictures tommorw.
    conclusion...I like Trix better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snellvilleauto View Post
    I tried both this weekend and I have to say I like TRIX better myself. To me TRIX seemed to do a better job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snellvilleauto View Post
    interesting conclusion you have there. we will be waiting for the pictures and little more details about your mini-experiment.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the target

Here is the weapons

TRIX

SONAX

They both did a great job. The Sonax leave a few more tar spots than the TRIX. The TRIX also turned more purple and a lot faster tha the Sonax. So at the end, i have to use the TRIX on redo the Sonax wheel. If given the two choices, i'll pick the Trix because of the double duty.

Post Thanks / Like

Woot! Nice photos and results! Thanks for posting it for the rest of us to see! TRIX definitely rocks! :woot:
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics. That's a pretty dirty wheel, and it looks great after. Well, if the wheels have considerable amount of tar and iron, then it just shows that Sonax is not as potent as Trix against tar and iron. The again, using one cheaper product instead of two will save you time, money and effort. Great Job CarPro!

What's your observation when you applied Trix first before a wheel with Sonax? Did the Sonax do nothing and didn't change colors?

Can you please do the test again when the same wheels get dirty? Let's give the cleaning power of Sonax a benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove itself when tar and iron is minimal. It will also give Trix an opportunity to show if it can clean more than tar and iron. What am I thinking? If it can remove tar easily, any other above surface contaminant should be a piece a piece of cake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast