autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

expected little more out of Fuzion

So I have been using it a long time. I have only ever used it on my cars that sat in the garage 99% of the time so I never actually knew what kind of durability it had. well 4weeks ago i bought Myself and my GF a new subaru. The dealer didnt touch her car other then remove the plastic. So few days after I got it I washed it real good..TarX and IronX paste it..paint was great..Put a coat of fuzion on it that day. it was been washed once since i applied it..I washed it today and there was pretty much no beading and looked as if it was all gone. I was expecting to get atleast 2months or so out of this not just over 3weeks. so i redid the car with BFWD.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: expected little more out of Fuzion

Like any other wax or sealant, prep and maintenance is key to achieving maximum durability. Before applying Fuzion, a pre-wax polish such as Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer should be used. This will ensure a squeaky clean surface while also promoting proper bonding of the wax.

Wash - Iron X (to remove embedded iron particles) - Clay (to remove above surface contaminants) - pre-wax polish (to remove below surface contaminants) - wax.

Maintain Fuzion with a quality spray detailer such as Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz, Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer or Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Don't be shy about layering Fuzion either. I've found that two coats easily yields 3-4 months of protection.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

it was prepped just fine and the car was brand new with 8miles..paint was in perfect shape so i wasnt wasting my time to buff out a car that didnt need anything.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    it was prepped just fine and the car was brand new with 8miles..paint was in perfect shape so i wasnt wasting my time to buff out a car that didnt need anything.
    Even if the vehicle is brand new, that doesn't mean the paint is squeaky clean.

Try using a non-abrasive polish (or an abrasive polish if the vehicle has swirls and scratches) before applying Fuzion next time and report back on its durability.

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser, Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and Klasse AIO are all great examples of non-abrasive polishes that deeply clean the paint before application of a wax or sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    When i got my new car (untouched by the dealer) I still washed ,clayed. polished before lsp, which was Fuzion. That was about 6 wks ago and when i washed it

yesterday it still beaded well. I have used pinnacle crystal mist a few times too.
    I ahve read on this forim a 1000x...its not the wax its the preperation of the surface.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Subaru Pictures
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess I should also mention her car sits outside 24/7
    Dont have any pics of her car. its just a standard 2012 impreza 5door in dark gray like mine here is mine

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car buddy!
    Subaru is one of my favourite brands!!
    My next car is either a red metallic Mazda or blue mica Subaru!!
    Exotic Auto Detail trade review / feedback:
    Think twice if you're going to trade with ExoticAutoDetai.

Post Thanks / Like

OH man I was mistaken you said that the pics above is just a "standard impreza"... Man, love the STI. That looks gorgeous man! But there might be something wrong if you're only getting a single day out of the thing; you should expect a minimum of 1 month at least I would assume

Post Thanks / Like

I am a noob and read about the importance of prep work. So when i got my wife a new subie two weeks ago, i make sure the dealer didn't touch it. I brought it home, did a 2 buckets wash, clayed it, polished it w/ CG black light then two layers of V7. I haven't put any wax on it yet. I have a Fuzion on the way and should get it tuesday. I'll apply the Fuzion and see what happen. Here is a picture of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast