autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash and gloss/QD???

I am a big fan of DP Rinseless Wash And Gloss. I recently received a free sample of Pinn Crystal Mist and it's awesome. I have not tried the DPRWG as a QD yet.

What are your thoughts as DPRWG for a QD. Am I comparing apples to oranges with these two products? Thanks
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash and gloss/QD???

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    I am a big fan of DP Rinseless Wash And Gloss. I recently received a free sample of Pinn Crystal Mist and it's awesome. I have not tried the DPRWG as a QD yet.

What are your thoughts as DPRWG for a QD. Am I comparing apples to oranges with these two products? Thanks
    Like you, I'm a huge fan of Detailer's Pro Wash & Gloss! I does everything I need it to do and does it extremely well.

I would think that adding 2 ounces of this to 22 ounces of water would be a good place to start. Streaking is the way I'd look for too high of concentration and cut it worn from there. Maybe 2 ounces to 32 ounces of water....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

My experience with using rinseless wash products as QDs...depends what you are after....

1) save money....YES

2) added protection....NO

3) safe....YES (more so than QD)

4) Added gloss...NO (there are far better products for that)

The DP product line are exceptional products, priced reasonably. I haven't yet tried the new version of ONR, but up to this point, I've always preferred DP rinseless over ONR.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I use DP Wash & Gloss for all 3 purposes.Rinseless wash,QD,and clay lube,it works great for all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steve swafford View Post
    I use DP Wash & Gloss for all 3 purposes.Rinseless wash,QD,and clay lube,it works great for all.
    Agreed here.

I don't use it very often for a quick detailer, but when I do I just grab my clay lube bottle and use that.

Not a fan of quick detailers overall- I only use it on trouble spots like bird poop and the like. Very seldom will I spray the entire car down, might as well just do a rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't overly impressed with DP RWG as a QD - sure, it cleans fine, but it doesn't add much in terms of gloss and slickness. UWW+ is more impressive as a cleaning QD (and also adds more in terms of gloss and slickness), and my after-wash, looks QD of choice is OID.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

I've used DP RWG diluted as a QD. I guess it works fine, depending on what I'm trying to do. I sometimes use that after I've used my california duster to remove the pollen we get so bad here.

But if I really want to add shine or as drying aid, I'm hooked on Finish Kare 425. Love that stuff.

I do really love the DP RWG though as my rinseless wash product. I also have ONR, but find myself reaching for the DP more.

opie_7afe

i honestly find dedicated quick detailers pointless, so i would just use DPRWG. if i want slickness,gloss and protection i mix up duragloss rinsless because of the added aquawax, leaves a nice slick finish but me i use QD dilution as waterless wash, concentration is higher then rinseless washing so figured QD strength will have the higher lubricity needed to use as a waterless wash..of course i only waterless if its only been a day or so since i last washed