autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best pressure washer

what GAS powerd washers are some of you useing ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Besides choices between electric and gas, electric pressure washers are usually lumped in the consumer class (usually sell from $100 to $350) and prosumer ($500 and up).

You will get more bang for the buck spec wise with a gas powered unit. Gas means oil, fuel, much more noise but you get greater than 2 GPM and higher pressures and can use anywhere. For an electric, a 15A pressure washer you usually top out at 1.6 to 2 GPM/1500 to 1800 psi and you need an outlet.

The consumer electric models are mostly plastic construction and have a shorter expected pump life. If you follow the reports from users, many report years of use yet others mention failures (leaks,pump failures) early in the life.

The prosumers tend to have much much better pumps, more brass, features like adjustable pressure, and intended for many years of service - designed to be repaired if necessary.

After a year of research, I ended up with an electric Kranzle K1120T.
    My Kranzle K 1120T will be ordered shortly!
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Burke View Post
    what GAS powerd washers are some of you useing ?
    I do not detail professionally but I did just buy a homelite 2700psi 2.3gpm pressure washer. I bought it to do a little more then wash cars. So far I love it, starts easy and has great cleaning ability. I love the fact that mine has a honda engine so I am pretty confident the engine will last a long time. Now the pump on the other hand, I am hoping it does as well but I hear the consumer model pumps take a dump pretty commonly on all pressure washers.
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_10 View Post
    I do not detail professionally but I did just buy a homelite 2700psi 2.3gpm pressure washer. I bought it to do a little more then wash cars. So far I love it, starts easy and has great cleaning ability. I love the fact that mine has a honda engine so I am pretty confident the engine will last a long time. Now the pump on the other hand, I am hoping it does as well but I hear the consumer model pumps take a dump pretty commonly on all pressure washers.
    Glad to read this.

Just did a quick search for Homelite because I was at HD and looking at pressure washers (actually needed one for usage on my deck, which is a massive 40'x14'), but while looking at the model you mentioned, an employee stopped by and said she had one that was returned. Probably just someone that used it once and returned it because they didn't need it anymore. Price in store new was listed $299, but I decided to buy the 'used' one for $170.

It may not have even been used, it didn't look like it. And the manual and everything else was completely untouched. Hopefully it works out well...
    -Brent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12