autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iron x or ?

Post Thanks / Like

Iron x or ?

I would like to know if there is any other products that do the same as Iron x ,if so what and do they work as good . If I was to use Iron x or another product is it safe to use as much as needed or is there a limit to how many times on one vehicle . Thanks for the input .

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Iron x or ?

nobody has any input ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Iron x or ?

finish kare has a paint decontamination system but the chemicals are not as safe, imo.

I don't think there is a limit to the use of IX on a car except cost. I do mine once a year before winter.

Depends on the environment the vehicle is subject to also I would guess.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Glenn, there are other products out there. I believe that IX is much simpler and safer to use than the FK system but I have never tried the FK system. There was a time when I considered it but just based on what it says I never bought it back then. When Iron X came out I really found that to my liking. Safe, effective, and saves me time. There are others out there now as well that work like IX but not as fast and not as concentrated.

Heres another option - Review: CarPro Iron X Paste (not to be confused with soap gel)

Heres a link to the IX spray you are mentioning. Review: CarPro Iron X This has a great FYI at the end of it as well.

Its safe to use as much as you want but pointless to use more than is needed. Check out my reviews above. LOTS of info in there.

Many other great threads on Iron X as well if you need more opinions. Just use the search option.
    Dad had a great post on his first impressions. First Impressions Iron X Paste
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Iron x or ?

Thanks guys for the info .
    The reason I asked if it is safe to use often is because I have a platinum White Tricoat Ford Edge and it seems like it is getting alot of brake dust etc on the paint . The Edge is a daily driver but is washed every 2-3 days even in the winter and is very frustrating to have the spots on the paint. I don't know what else to do , I don't want to clay it etc. after every wash so I have been claying it off once a month and waxing etc.. to get me through the winter. In the spring I will be doing a complete cleanup etc of the paint and was hoping of an easier solution than claying all the time. I am also thinking I may have to change the brake pads to ceramic to help with my issue ,what do you guys think ?

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

There is another product sold here in the US that does what IX does but not sold by AG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
    There is another product sold here in the US that does what IX does but not sold by AG

What product are you referring to ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watson1000 View Post
    Thanks guys for the info .
    The reason I asked if it is safe to use often is because I have a platinum White Tricoat Ford Edge and it seems like it is getting alot of brake dust etc on the paint . The Edge is a daily driver but is washed every 2-3 days even in the winter and is very frustrating to have the spots on the paint. I don't know what else to do , I don't want to clay it etc. after every wash so I have been claying it off once a month and waxing etc.. to get me through the winter. In the spring I will be doing a complete cleanup etc of the paint and was hoping of an easier solution than claying all the time. I am also thinking I may have to change the brake pads to ceramic to help with my issue ,what do you guys think ?

Glenn
    Using Akebono ceramic pads will substantially reduce the brake dust
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    Using Akebono ceramic pads will substantially reduce the brake dust
    Are there any downsides or otherwise negative aspects regarding these pads?

Post Thanks / Like

maybe a coating will help?
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast