autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Swirl suggestions anyone

hello all i am curious of what is the best product to use with out a orbital or machine to get rid of swirls on customers cars if they come with swirls on it already?

also should i charge extra to get the swirls out of their car or just do it to be courtesy and make their car shine? or just wash the car as is and send them on their way?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swirl suggestions anyone

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax!!
    It hides the swirls really well!
    Perfect for quick wash and wax!
    You may consider the professional version of that as well.
    Exotic Auto Detail trade review / feedback:
    Think twice if you're going to trade with ExoticAutoDetai.

Post Thanks / Like

Friend and fellow AGO'er,

Before tackling a customer's swirled car with an unfamiliar product, I suggest that you find a friend or relative to practice on. Family loves a free detail. Happy detailing...
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    Friend and fellow AGO'er,

Before tackling a customer's swirled car with an unfamiliar product, I suggest that you find a friend or relative to practice on. Family loves a free detail. Happy detailing...

i agree and sorry for any confusion bro lol my wife car is my practice car as well as my neighbor she has tons of swirls and i plan on asking her to let me get them out for free for her so im trying to find the best product to use

Post Thanks / Like

No confusion bro, just have read too many posts where people try out new (to them) products - not knowing how to use them- wish you much success in your new endeavor. Good luck in keeping the ATL blinging!
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean bro and thanks i will do the best i can with the new business im almost done my website i will post the link when finish its pretty cool though catchy and makes you want to look at it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm no pro nor do I have experience removing swirls successfully 100%.I've been reading alot here though and have some suggestions that might be helpful.

You have to consider the kind paint you are dealing with,is it hard or soft paint,some paint apparently can be quite tricky.

You're probably going to need an array of different pads with different aggression levels.Pad size, circumference and thickness is also a factor.

When choosing a polish or compound some have long working times others do not.Some can finish LSP ready others may not.Some may have fillers to hide swirls others do not.

I have had some success with Meguar's Ultimate Compound paired 5.5" orange light cutting pads(flat) on Black Corolla's paint.While I had significant improvement some swirls remained.I blame that on my technique and approach rather that the product used.

There's a lot of good information available here,read as much you can,keep asking questions,many knowledgeable folk here.Hope this helps best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be doing this for free. A simple detail can go from 4-6 hours to 8-12 hours or even more if you start taking the swirls out for free. Make sure you charge accordingly because your time is worth money and so is your product.
    It's perfectly OK to do this for free on your practice cars. Make sure you get before and after shots and 50/50 pictures to build up your portfolio to show potential customers what you are capable of.

Post Thanks / Like

@beerwulf thanx bro but im not using a machine im trying to use less mechanical things lol trying to go a diffferent approach....'

@thirdgenta thanx for the great advice