autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Built ford tough?

99 ford expedition, olive green Eddie Bauer edition, original paint. It has swirls and oxidization. I can not for the life of me get it to correct at all. I'm trying m105 on b&s wool,yellow followed by 205 with bs yellow green. I can't get the swirls out at all. It looks better but fir some reason, I'm not taking off enough paint to get correction.granted the swirls are improving , but I'm not getting where I should be with the wool.

The oxidization is clearing up especially with 205 and yellow. Its strange, its like the paint is dry, and keaving showdws. Its almost like if you you need to use a paint cleaner and let it sit on the paint for a while.

All work is being done with flex pe14 rotary. It's strange. I usually never have probs with ford paint, but ran into same problem with 99 f150 torpedo red. Itwas a pain to correct, and parts had that hollowed/dry look even after polish.

Is it is something with this year Ford paint? any tips on a different product to use? Longer section passes with wool and m105? It always corrects so quickly.

Richly, Dave...help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Built ford tough?

Have you tried a finishing pad yet with 205? At what speed are you spinning the rotary on this paint? I have done some cars and trucks (not necessarily Fords) that wouldn't correct that well with all the more aggressive compounds and pads, then surprisingly found that switching to something really less aggressive got it to where it looked very acceptable. Sometimes just taking a far less aggressive approach and spending a little more time with it pays off big time in finish and work reduction. I find that 205 likes to be run at a slower speed (1100 RPM or less)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Built ford tough?

I tried p106 on black for a , but I'll try the 205 on black to see what happens.
    Its weird, its like its single stage paint. I know, its not.

Thanks for the tip Dave!