autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

KAIO vs Fuzion durability

I know they are different products but if both are applied after claying which would last longer? Klasse says it can last between 4 to 8 months and Wolfgang around 3-4 months. I would be surprised if an AIO would last longer. Thanks for ur responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KAIO vs Fuzion durability

You likely would see Fuzion protect a little longer than KAIO by itself. Now adding Klasse SG after KAIO and you'll see a very long period of protection and darn near bulletproof to elements.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    You likely would see Fuzion protect a little longer than KAIO by itself. Now adding Klasse SG after KAIO and you'll see a very long period of protection and darn near bulletproof to elements.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Now let me ask one more question about the two. Since KAIO is a cleaner polisher and protector in one. Would it bring out a deeper color and/or gloss? Have a hard time believing much can bea Fuzion when it comes to gloss

Post Thanks / Like

Well as you might suspect, I'm a Klasse user and the use of both Klasse "twins" as they're referred to is a good idea. Because KAIO does 3 things it can't do any protection for a long enough time but like someone said earlier, when you apply a coat of Klasse SG over the top of it, your covered and get this, per their recommendations, wait 12 hrs for this acrylic product to harden up and apply the 2nd coat of Klasse SG and your really going to be happy!

Sorry, haven't use the other product so I can't comment on it but rest assured, the Klasse twins really do a great job! BTW, make sure you applicator pad is damp when using both Klasse products, makes life alot easier, trust me. The wetness of the pad helps spread the product out better, thus using less product and less is the key when using Klasse.

Good luck to you!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well as you might suspect, I'm a Klasse user and the use of both Klasse "twins" as they're referred to is a good idea. Because KAIO does 3 things it can't do any protection for a long enough time but like someone said earlier, when you apply a coat of Klasse SG over the top of it, your covered and get this, per their recommendations, wait 12 hrs for this acrylic product to harden up and apply the 2nd coat of Klasse SG and your really going to be happy!

Sorry, haven't use the other product so I can't comment on it but rest assured, the Klasse twins really do a great job! BTW, make sure you applicator pad is damp when using both Klasse products, makes life alot easier, trust me. The wetness of the pad helps spread the product out better, thus using less product and less is the key when using Klasse.

Good luck to you!
    What about the cleaning and polishing ability. I'm thinking about giving this a try because it's easy to use and can help me skip some steps if I don't have a lot of time

Post Thanks / Like

KAIO is best used via machine. White polishing pad on speed 5. Gets out a lot of embedded grime. Don't be surprised if your white pad turns black, even after washing, claying and decontaminating the paint with iron X.

Polishing however, don't get your hopes up. KAIO says it removes light swirls but it didn't do anything to some light marring I had even though my clear is far from hard.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above, the KAIO isn't for anything other than "mild" swirls, like ones that look like, forgive me for not knowing the technical term, but while looking at the sun in the paint, the orbit doesn't go all the way around. Now, I've never even thought about using KAIO as a dedicated swirl remover as I know its just not aggressive enough but you could start with it if your paint isn't that pad, its worth a shot, right. One thing about KAIO, its VERY, VERY easy to use and leaves NO dust, ever, so its great to deal with for sure. Ofcoarse, when using KAIO, you don't really need to top it with something if your in a pinch for time as it does have some protection in it, hence the name, ALL IN ONE.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn21 View Post
    Gotcha, thanks for the info. Now let me ask one more question about the two. Since KAIO is a cleaner polisher and protector in one. Would it bring out a deeper color and/or gloss? Have a hard time believing much can bea Fuzion when it comes to gloss
    Kaio has a chemical cleaner in it, and indeed some acrylic protection. It would look better on oxidized paint vs. Fuzion which has no cleaners. Only a properly prepped surface you will see longer protection and a bit more gloss using Fuzion. Different products and different uses IMO.

Scott