autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Outside storage?

OK, so I've searched and found some answers, but not the ones I was looking for, ha-ha!

I have no garage and we're about to kick off some remodeling in the house. I'm going to have to store my detailing products outside in the shed. I live in Washington DC and although the weather's been warm this winter, we could get some cold snaps.

Will storing wax, glaze, polishers, etc outside really kill them, or am I pretty safe to store them in an un-insulated space in the DC Metro weather? And most garages are un-insulated anyway, right?

Temps usually range in the 20-30's at night in winter with some cold spells down in the teens every now and then. Of course summers are hot and humid. 90+ with 100% humidity!

Anyone else bucking the trend and storing product in your shed/garage, etc without any ill effects ?

Thanks!
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Outside storage?

Good question. I live in the Metro area as well but I have a garage. I would keep all waxes and creams in a container and indoors. I'm guessing the liquids will do fine. Plastic storage containers can be purchased pretty cheap and they stow-away easily.

Here's a suggestion- Drop off your supplies at my garage. I guarantee that you'll get at least 50% of it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, that's not a bad idea.

I also recall saw some other members who had used old refrigerators to store waxes and such. Since the current fridge is getting replaced in the remodel maybe I should stick it outside for the waxes and such. Hmmm...

And no, you can't store my Collinite! Ha-ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhudeboye View Post
    Good question. I live in the Metro area as well but I have a garage. I would keep all waxes and creams in a container and indoors. I'm guessing the liquids will do fine. Plastic storage containers can be purchased pretty cheap and they stow-away easily.

Here's a suggestion- Drop off your supplies at my garage. I guarantee that you'll get at least 50% of it back.
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lokerola View Post

I have no garage and we're about to kick off some remodeling in the house. I'm going to have to store my detailing products outside in the shed.
    Is it just your detailing products that have to be moved out of the house and stored in the shed? Any electronic equipment...TV's, audio/stereo?

(Just a heads-up...I'm heading up to DC in a couple of weeks...)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti