autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick ? Before purchase....

How's it going AGO? Im looking for a little clarification before I pull the trigger on a NEW EXTRACTOR. Im currently using a rug doctor with the upholstery attachment. Ive used this set-up for almost 3 years and as far as I know, it works well. But I really don't have anything to compare it's ability to being that this is the only extractor Ive ever owned/used.

For the past week I've been eyeing the mytee light II and also the hand held duramaid, thinking these had to be superior to what I have. After reading all the specs on all three models, I'm not soo sure that'd the case.

The rug doctor claims it has 102" of water lift, the mytee light II, claims only 85", and the duramaid claims 105". Honestly, I'm not 100% sure this is the only aspect which determines a units overall suction power. Can someone who knows a little info on this matter please let me know. And also if any of you have experience with either of the two models I'm choosing between, please chime in and let me know what I'm getting into...

Thanks in advance.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick ? Before purchase....

Well, if your only concern is suction i doubt the mytee would produce much difference, but look at the heat temp and pressure of discharge as well more heat will help break up oils and grime better and more pressure of spray will get deep down clean

Post Thanks / Like

I always looked more at psi and heat....... with that said I had a Mytee Lite II for many years and plan on buying one soon again (been using a steamer as a dedicated carpet and upholstery tool). I always loved the Mytee Lite.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, thanks for the replies fellas... Now knowing that the PsI and temp have as much, if not more, Impact than lift power, I went on and pulled the trigger on the Mytee lite... Should get it by the end of next week.

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to love the mytee! I have tried the Aztec and the Mytee blows it out of the water. The Aztec is still great but I would just spend a bit more for the Mytee.

The pressure is great and you can really get the water going with that in-line heater. If you really want hot water let the heater heat up and then cycle it back to the solution tank. Once the water is warmer it will come out nice and hot, just don't burn yourself lol. Enjoy!!
    Roland

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLN1WASH View Post
    Cool, thanks for the replies fellas... Now knowing that the PsI and temp have as much, if not more, Impact than lift power, I went on and pulled the trigger on the Mytee lite... Should get it by the end of next week.
    We got to use both the Mytee and the Aztec at Boot Camp last weekend. I have the Durrmaid. Having used all three, if I was going to buy one of those three today, it would be the Mytee. The Mytee has a larger tank than Aztec and more pressure but also allows the use of chemical in the water. Neither the Aztec or Durrmaid recommends that.