autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang deep gloss cure time

I've been searching the forums on my phone but it's a little hard. I'm wondering if I can drive before the 12 hour cure time on the car. Will I be safe driving home an hour distance while the deep gloss has been sitting on the car for a good 6 hours. I would also need to wax the car after the gloss cures is this safe if driving is ok

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang deep gloss cure time

Quote Originally Posted by Motogoon View Post
    I've been searching the forums on my phone but it's a little hard. I'm wondering if I can drive before the 12 hour cure time on the car. Will I be safe driving home an hour distance while the deep gloss has been sitting on the car for a good 6 hours. I would also need to wax the car after the gloss cures is this safe if driving is ok
    I'm pretty new but from what I have read it's more that you don't want to expose it to water more than anything. So it would be ok to drive if it's not wet out. I would wait the

12/ then wash before waxing to remove any contamination you picked up driving home.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I personally wouldn't recommend it. your exposing your car to the elements. keep your car in the garage and just wait it out

Post Thanks / Like

You will be fine, but you might have to QD before waxing.

Super Member Detail-Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a problem, I have done it a many a times on my personal cars and trucks.
    On Customer's cars I go with Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 because of the curing time, then apply wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I'm waiting it out going to throw some doodoo juice blue velvet first time on this laser blue Chevy.

ONE Question : my blue LC pad that I used for the Wolfgang deep gloss is oozing out a grease like gel which I'm guessing is the gloss? I can't even clean this pad it just keeps oozing and the gel is almost water proof ? Is this pad junk it was brand new first time using

Post Thanks / Like

Clean it the best you can and dedicate it for the Wolfy sealant.
    Thanks I'm waiting it out going to throw some doodoo juice blue velvet first time on this laser blue Chevy.

ONE Question : my blue LC pad that I used for the Wolfgang deep gloss is oozing out a grease like gel which I'm guessing is the gloss? I can't even clean this pad it just keeps oozing and the gel is almost water proof ? Is this pad junk it was brand new first time using

Post Thanks / Like

Drive it, keep it dry if at all possible. Even if it gets wet all you lose is some durability. There is no "must" to top Wolfgang with a wax, it looks mighty sharp all by itself.
    Last edited by RTexasF; 01-29-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    For my first time on this truck I didn't find the deep amazing gloss I wads hoping for ? I did the Wolfgang 3.0 system and ending with deep gloss but still think it needs pop haven't seen it in perfect sun since its been overcast.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending what your using to top it but I topped 3.0 with Fuzion and was very disappointed in the results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast