autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the opinions on Griot's microfibers?

I just ordered some Griot's Speedshine MF's, I'm thinking about getting some of their other color coded MF's to keep everything separated. What are the general opinions of them? I'm used to Meg's Supreme Shine and I really like 'em for the price.
    Mike
    2012 Ford Mustang V6 Performance Package
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab Hemi

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are the opinions on Griot's microfibers?

I have some of the orange polish removal mf's, and also some of the white wax removal mf's. The orange ones work well for me, but I'm not a fan of the white ones as they seem to lint quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly over the years I have a used a loooot of different brands. AG sells some nice ones but the Griot's line is probably my best bet for long lasting and the "stay fluffy" factor. The colors are nice, and it seems there's a reason on the green used for spray on wash, which is my go-to for regular wash ups. They are thick and grab dirt away. The remaining colors just keep you honest in prod usage...and I do it, as its easy to remember--but not essential of course. BTW--I have not had linting with any of theirs in any color. We wash them correctly and all has been fine. One thing I like is they do not shrink up, or have issues at the edges which many MF's prods do...I hate the curling of an MF and their does not. Good luck...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by transambrotha View Post
    I just ordered some Griot's Speedshine MF's, I'm thinking about getting some of their other color coded MF's to keep everything separated. What are the general opinions of them? I'm used to Meg's Supreme Shine and I really like 'em for the price.
    I won't go into your decision-making process for ordering GG MF towels; but, considering your reasons you gave above for the particular Meg's MF towels; it leaves me having a twinge of curiosity.

Anyway...
    -I've used...after washing them first, of course...The three (3) GG Speedshine MF towels I received upon placing a previous GG order ['free' of cost I will add].

-I used them as directed. They performed as advertised.

So, I am thinking...Now that you've already ordered the GG MF towels...Why not give us your general opinions of them, once you've put them into operation? Thanks.

Respectfully awaiting your "review",

Bob

"Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I won't go into your decision-making process for ordering GG MF towels; but, considering your reasons you gave above for the particular Meg's MF towels; it leaves me having a twinge of curiosity.

Anyway...
    -I've used...after washing them first, of course...The three (3) GG Speedshine MF towels I received upon placing a previous GG order ['free' of cost I will add].

-I used them as directed. They performed as advertised.

So, I am thinking...Now that you've already ordered the GG MF towels...Why not give us your general opinions of them, once you've put them into operation? Thanks.

Respectfully awaiting your "review",

Bob

I will do a quick review once I receive them, of course I feel that the Meg's Supreme Shine mf's do a great job and I've never had a problem with them other than the fact they don't offer them in other colors. That being said I can clearly see the apparent difference in Cobra, Chemical Guys and other super plush mf's and am just wondering if they truly are in another world compared to the "cheaper" mf's. Griot's seems to be right in the middle pricewise at least.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your car is a light colour.

If it's black then you've just bought yourself some nice wheel towels
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    I hope your car is a light colour.

If it's black then you've just bought yourself some nice wheel towels
    LOL, it's black. I see you've had marring issues with them. I'll make sure to be test on some inconspicuous areas of the car. If that's the case, I needed dedicated wheel mf's anyways so it's still a win.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan, and would ever buy them again. I keep going back to my CG Monster blues...and the Cobra blue/green plush with rolled edges.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Not a fan, and would ever buy them again. I keep going back to my CG Monster blues...and the Cobra blue/green plush with rolled edges.
    Thanks for the input. I just ordered a CG miracle drying towel as well. I currently use an absorber synthetic very carefully but I wanted to get an actual mf drying towel. It looks amazingly plush and soft so hopefully it'll spur me to buy some Cobra or other CG's in the future.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

The gold GG towels are favs of mine....I keep them special, just for final buff off....they get washed separately
    Glen -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast