autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xpel clear bra

Post Thanks / Like

xpel clear bra

can i use c quartz on this?
    5starmotoring88@gmail.com
    2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: xpel clear bra

Yes, CQuartz can be used on paint protection film without issue.

Post Thanks / Like

is it the self healing xpel? I'd test it (including the healing part) on a small section first if so.

you don't want to stop it from self healing after all...
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

This is an excellent question for the XPel staff. (There could also be a warranty issue at stake, as well.)

Whenever I'm in doubt about anything XPel:

Corporate Office & Training Center:
    XPEL Technologies Corp.
    618 W. Sunset Road
    San Antonio, Texas 78216 U.S.A
    Toll Free: (800) 447-9928
    International: (210) 678-3700
    Fax: (210) 678-3701
    email: info@xpel.com

Hope this may be of some assistance.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

ok to clear things up, I called xpel, on there "self healing" films you cannot coat it with anything or polish them out. On the "extreme" film yes, you can coat and polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamores23 View Post
    ok to clear things up, I called xpel, on there "self healing" films you cannot coat it with anything or polish them out. On the "extreme" film yes, you can coat and polish.
    OK...

But did they specifically say what products to use, or not to use...when coating and polishing the "extreme" films? (I know what I've been told before)

There have been some conflicting info about using certain products on XPel films, whether they be "extreme" films, or not.

I have found the "XPel sealant" to be the "cat's pajamas"!!!
    I personally don't see the need to: Leave others to chance.
    Your choice, of course.

Bob
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

i agree fun, the guy told me he was more of the software guy there and no one else was available to help me out. i'd rather not experiment with a customers car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say if you decide to try it to test out on a small inconspicuous spot first.

I have Xpel on my truck and ran into an issue with a product that I was testing. I heard it was safe on the film but my film had a reaction so I couldn't use it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I say if you decide to try it to test out on a small inconspicuous spot first.

I have Xpel on my truck and ran into an issue with a product that I was testing. I heard it was safe on the film but my film had a reaction so I couldn't use it
    Excellent advise!

ALSO:

RE: In regards to polishing XPel PPF:
    I remember this from a previous thread/posts of yours:

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I got a reply from Xpel and I've meant to post it but kept forgetting. This might be helpful to someone else
    Quote:
    "The best solution is going to be to use 3M Perfect -It part# 06064 Machine Polish, with the coordinating buffing pad part# 05738. #Use a an Orbital buffer at the lowest speed and then gradually progress up as needed. #This must be done very carefully so that you don't burn through the film. #I usually hit the area a few times for about 15-30 seconds each time. #If this doesn't work the stain might have seeped through the pores under the top coat and could be perminent".

Bob
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamores23 View Post
    Hi Guys,

There is still some confusion here, so I thought I would pop in and clear it up.

You can buff, polish and/or seal any of our films, including Ultimate (self-healing film). What you want to watch out for is sealants, waxes or polishes that contain a large amount of either naphtha or kerosene. These are common ingredients, which if high enough in concentration, can cause polyurethane (no matter what brand it is) to discolor over time. One irony in the paint protection film industry is that one of the most commonly prescribed products by unwitting installers to use on paint protection film is Plexus, which is 23% naphtha. We have conducted lab studies with this product and found that it does indeed cause paint protection film to yellow horrendously if used repeatedly over time. Most customers simply don't notice because their car is not white or silver, and they like that it makes the film feel slippery. If it feels slippery, it must be good, right?

On the buffing/polishing aspect, what should have been conveyed by my staff is that polishing should not ever be necessary on our self-healing film, rather than it cannot be done at all. Since the film heals swirls and light scratches on its own, there should be no reason to buff.

On the Quartz sealant, I must admit I am not familiar with this product, so I can't give any truly definitive advice. The best thing to do would be to get an MSDS sheet on the product and check for the ingredients I mentioned above. Or, the truly simple thing to do (as someone else suggested) is to use our purpose made sealant.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Tim Hartt
    Chief Operating Officer
    XPEL Technologies Corp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast