autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optima steamer...

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    Yeah, we seriously haven't had a winter until today, lol.

That's why I want one, for those cold winter days. Being able to wash inside would be unbelievable! A lot of times I do the two bucket wash inside with ONR. But, that leaves the floor a little wet...and I'm not a fan of a rinseless wash.

I think doing a waterless wash does OK. But, it doesn't push dirt and grime out of crevices, and a steam cleaner like that would.

I emailed the guy who sells them, and he said he's out of the NB2300. Which is the one in the video. He asked what I'd be doing with it, and that he might have another machine very similar that will work. Still waiting on his reply...
    I have been doing a lot of ONR washes lately and while it's not my preferred method of washing it does get the job done.

Keep us posted on what he comes back with. Definitely maybe something I'd be interested in. Maybe not any time in the near future though...only a couple more months and it will be starting to get warm again!

2. Thanks bean438 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    I have been doing a lot of ONR washes lately and while it's not my preferred method of washing it does get the job done.

Keep us posted on what he comes back with. Definitely maybe something I'd be interested in. Maybe not any time in the near future though...only a couple more months and it will be starting to get warm again!
    I'm in the same boat man, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, after seeing his video, I realize that this steam cleaner is a great pre clean if you are going to do a waterless wash, to get the big dirt off, and clean out the nooks and crannies pretty well. Then do your waterless wash as you normally would. That would make a waterless wash much safer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn One View Post
    You know, after seeing his video, I realize that this steam cleaner is a great pre clean if you are going to do a waterless wash, to get the big dirt off, and clean out the nooks and crannies pretty well. Then do your waterless wash as you normally would. That would make a waterless wash much safer.
    Exactly. For me, being in New Hampshire...it would be perfect for winter. Of course I could always do a two bucket wash, which is what I do if it's too cold out. But, the steam would really get areas a rinseless wash would not.

I exchanged a few emails with him, and I'm going to call tomorrow for a price. My guess, is it's nowhere near $5,600 like the Optima.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    Exactly. For me, being in New Hampshire...it would be perfect for winter. Of course I could always do a two bucket wash, which is what I do if it's too cold out. But, the steam would really get areas a rinseless wash would not.

I exchanged a few emails with him, and I'm going to call tomorrow for a price. My guess, is it's nowhere near $5,600 like the Optima.
    Tell him you may have a group buy and see if the price drops
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

If you think the price is high for a commercial steam cleaner like the optima then google the price on espresso machines. IMO that puts things into perspective. The versatility that the optima has is like several machines in one. After seeing ShineTimes video of using his machine to do a complete wash I researched and IIRC optima has a steamer that does steam cleaning and extracting, plus the pressure you need to do steam washes with out have to wipe that much dirt off by hand. If I had the money I would buy one as it takes the place of several pieces of equipment.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone considered the Daimer Super Max 6000? It's a propane heated high pressure (750 psi) steamer. It'll spray cold water, hot water or wet steam. The video on Daimer's website states a wet steam is preferable to dry steam when using it on exterior surfaces. The additional water content acts as the lubricating agent, thus preventing scratches when washing a car (their words, not mine).

The Super Max line made in the good ole' USA and also costs around $5200, which puts it in the same class as the South Korean Optima steamer. The Optima is diesel heated and is ready to go in 2 minutes; the Super Max is ready in as few as 30 seconds.

The Optima's operating pressure is around 120 psi and can be used with two spray nozzles so one can work the exterior while the other person works the interior. I've heard Renny Doyle say that high pressure steamers are not necessary as they can cause damage where lower pressure steamers don't. Is 750+ psi really necessary?

FWIW -- I think the NB2300 steamer is around $3500. I find this unit very interesting.

I like the idea of using steam for total detailing. Very little runoff, doesn't use a lot of water, versatile and effective. Eventually I'll migrate towards a Super Max/Optima type system and go *green* (like the folding kind, eh?).

Post Thanks / Like

as I remember, I think the nb2300 is about 3000usd + hst taxes + shipping from Kevin.
    The Chinese company that made this machine is about 2000usd. I have to look again, talked to them last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
    as I remember, I think the nb2300 is about 3000usd + hst taxes + shipping from Kevin.
    The Chinese company that made this machine is about 2000usd. I have to look again, talked to them last year.
    Sounds better than $5,600 to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Wax starts to break down at about 100F. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed some wax...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast