autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions about the Tornador Black and Air Foamer

I'm guessing this would only be good at home or shop since its 230 volt right?
    Exactly. Which is an issue when at times I do go mobile. I could not imagine going to the customer and asking where is their 220 outlet.

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Exactly. Which is an issue when at times I do go mobile. I could not imagine going to the customer and asking where is their 220 outlet.

Yeah i couldn't see doing that too. I also wouldn't want a loud gas compressor running either, so the fact that it sucks up that much CFM kinda puts it out for a mobile detailer unless you can get a big tank in a trailer...just not sure its worth it
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Since this thread is older I sure hope you guys have gotten the right info on this. AG is wrong about the 9.5 CFMs required for the BLACK model. The black model uses LESS air and is engineered for MOBILE use. IF you find the actual tornador site it clearly says 4.5 cfm at 90 psi is the ideal setting for this tool.

If you want to just hold the trigger down forever then you want a 10 gallon tank or more. I have a 5cfm at 90psi 15 gal tanks. Its more than enough.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris R View Post
    Since this thread is older I sure hope you guys have gotten the right info on this. AG is wrong about the 9.5 CFMs required for the BLACK model. The black model uses LESS air and is engineered for MOBILE use. IF you find the actual tornador site it clearly says 4.5 cfm at 90 psi is the ideal setting for this tool.
    Kris,
    Do you have a link to the Tornador site? I did a google search and couldn't find anything. I went to the site that is at the end of the video on AG's site (tornador-gun.de), which list the same requirements as AG lists (9.5 CFM, and roughly a 13-gallon tank IIRC). That was a couple of weeks ago, haven' checked if anything has been updated.

Interested in getting this gun, have a 4 gallon compressor that puts out 6 CFM at 90 psi. Would probably get a small add on tank (10 gallon) if I found air quantity to be an issue after purchase.

Thanks,
    Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rockford33 View Post
    Kris,
    Do you have a link to the Tornador site? I did a google search and couldn't find anything. I went to the site that is at the end of the video on AG's site (tornador-gun.de), which list the same requirements as AG lists (9.5 CFM, and roughly a 13-gallon tank IIRC). That was a couple of weeks ago, haven' checked if anything has been updated.

Interested in getting this gun, have a 4 gallon compressor that puts out 6 CFM at 90 psi. Would probably get a small add on tank (10 gallon) if I found air quantity to be an issue after purchase.

Thanks,
    Neil
    I'll do you one better. Here's a photo of the instructions in the box. I dont care what AG says they are wrong and needs to fix their site because I'm sure it's costing them money.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris R View Post
    I'll do you one better. Here's a photo of the instructions in the box. I dont care what AG says they are wrong and needs to fix their site because I'm sure it's costing them money.
    So what did the old Tornador require? Thats crazy, i know one big reason i wasn't gonna get one is cause of the high air requirements...
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez, we need a Tornador rep to come on AG and straighten this up once and for all. I have been researching the Black one for a while and can't get a straight answer what the cfm requierments are. Some say its 9 cfm in metric which converts to 5. something in american cfm. In the video it says its redesigned for mobile detailiers to be used with a smaller compressor but doesn't state how small or what constatues a small compressor.

I really would love to buy it, especially if its on sale this weekend, but don't see the point if I have the original version which requires a lot of air on its own to work properly. I have a 6 gal craftsman and a 50 gal porter cable and there is a huge difference in how the tools works depending on the compressor. With the 50 gal it still makes the compressor run all the time.

Kris has been the only person with solid proof in what is needed but still I can't see in the picture the CFM requirements which is more important than the size compressor/tank. You gotta have the CFM output in order to run the tool, the tank size is nice so it doesn't have to run all the time, but if it's not putting out the CFM, it doesn't matter how big the tank is.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I can see, it reads 6.3 @ 90psi.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    From what I can see, it reads 6.3 @ 90psi.
    The way I read it says, between 5.8 and 6.3 BAR which is 78-90 psi. Bar is a measure of pressure not volumn.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

The tornador black website list 270 liters per minute or about 9.5cfm. The tech info on their site states that the black requires less air pressure than the classic, not less airflow. I did order one, so I'll see if it will run on my small compressor. I would think that something that is just blowing air would have a pretty high demand. The site does state that the unit was designed for "smaller" compressors, haha, 10cfm isn't a small compressor.

http://www.tornador-black.de/grafike...20englisch.pdf

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast