autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Water vs waterless car wash

Im seeing a lot of guys using waterless car wash. Im curious as to everyones opinion ( I know Ill hopefully hear many different things). I have always used regular car wash, particularly Meguiars gold class and always have been skeptical to waterless wash just because I feel I won't be washing/cleaning entire vehicle. Im waiting to run out of it to try something new. It seems a lot of high end car owners also use waterless wash as well, why is that? The advantages I've seen with waterless is..
    1. you can wash your car from comfort of warm/cool garage
    2. no need for water
    3. seems to be less mess.
    Disadvantages
    1. using towels that can have possible contaminates in them
    2. harder time cleaning wheels maybe?
    3. if your car is truly dirty, never allow my trucks or car get that way, you have to use water wash

Any feed back would be great

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car is really dirty what i do is go through a touch less wash which is right by my house then ONR.

For the rims i just clean those separately with a clean bucket of soap and water then dry off with a towel.

My drying towel never gets dirty if it does i get a new one. I also rinse my wash mitt of with the water hose to ensure its as dirt free as possible. Kinda defeats the purpose of not using water but a black car better safe than sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like waterless washes but in all fairness I haven't given them much of a chance.

I like rinseless washes a lot though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I don't like waterless washes but in all fairness I haven't given them much of a chance.

I like rinseless washes a lot though.
    Pretty much how I feel.

My vehicles are usually to dirty to even think about a waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water vs waterless car wash

I polished my black Camaro (first time ever, came pretty good thanks to this forum/store.) I was washing it with ONR and, if it was really dirty, rinsing it at the coin-op before. Then it got colder and I decided to try a few waterless wash products (Chemical Guys's Eco Wash - not the hose free, the waterless)...washed it two times with that and now I have marring. Waterless wash just isn't for me - I'd have to be so meticulous that I might as well just drag two buckets out and do a rinseless wash with ONR.

I do plan on taking my car to the coin-op, rinsing dirt off it, then using a waterless wash product (without allowing the water to dry before I use the waterless.) I've done it with Opti-Clean and it was good. Dying to try it with Ultima's waterless.

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless -

Last year I started using one of the new Rinseless Washes. There are several out there that work well but these two really perform well; Detailer’s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss and Optimum No Rinse. I mix these as well in hot water and use rubber gloves. I put some of the solution in a garden sprayer and soak down each panel allowing the solution to soften and begin dissolving the surface contaminates.

Next I dip a wool wash mitt in the solution then lightly wash each panel twice, once to remove the initial grime then a second time to remove any remaining and float them harmlessly to the floor. At first I was very apprehensive using these products because I was afraid of scratching the finish but it does a damn good job at protecting it.

Rinseless washes work great but I can't wait until the finish becomes caked with winter driving salts and sands like some do. So far this year it's been incredibly warm which helps tremendously so option two is the best choice..

Additionally,

Once the car's dry I like giving the finish some additional protection by give the entire finish a once over with a quality spray wax and Optimums Spray Car Wax is the best I've found to date. It's a spray and wipe product that performs superbly leaving a glossy shine and 4 to 5 months of added protection...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Waterless and rineless are simply amazing for cars that do not have caked on mud. I suspect that is the case with the majority of AG members who are detailing enthusiast.

ONR as a rinseless and Ultima as a waterless have unbelievable performance.

Don't know what city in Cali you live in, but many do not allow you to wash your car in your driveway or apartment complex. The city code restricts any liquid run off that can potentially enter the storm drains.

Many of us were skeptical in regards to rinseless till we tried ONR.
    Many of us were skeptical in regards to waterless till we tried UWW.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonofoc View Post
    waterless and rineless are simply amazing for cars that do not have caked on mud. I suspect that is the case with the majority of ag members who are detailing enthusiast.

Onr as a rinseless and ultima as a waterless have unbelievable performance.

Don't know what city in cali you live in, but many do not allow you to wash your car in your driveway or apartment complex. The city code restricts any liquid run off that can potentially enter the storm drains.

Many of us were skeptical in regards to rinseless till we tried onr.
    Many of us were skeptical in regards to waterless till we tried uww.

amen!!!