autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam gun and Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax

Has anyone used Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax in a foam gun. I'm interested in purchasing a foam gun, but I use this car wash and was wondering if it works well with the foam gun. All of my cars are daily drivers and I have three kids, so I try to keep the cars as clean as possible on a "time" budget. The cars are currently detailed with Meguiars Ultimate compound (on my oldest car), Ultimate Polish, and I just tried the Ultimate Wax.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam gun and Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax

I would find a better wash personally. I thought that shampoo was one of the worst that I have used. Try Meg's gold class if you are just buying ur shampoo over the counter. It is way better and cheaper. It also performs well in a foam gun.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax wont suds up with foam gun.
    Exotic Auto Detail trade review / feedback:
    Think twice if you're going to trade with ExoticAutoDetai.

Post Thanks / Like

Megs Gold Class or Duragloss 901 gets my vote. If the Megs W&W is what you currently have then try it out in the foam gun. Personally I would rather have a great shampoo and then dry down the car with a spray wax, then have a sub-par wash and wax soap. I love Megs products, but don't care for the W&W.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOS60 View Post
    Has anyone used Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax in a foam gun. I'm interested in purchasing a foam gun, but I use this car wash and was wondering if it works well with the foam gun. All of my cars are daily drivers and I have three kids, so I try to keep the cars as clean as possible on a "time" budget. The cars are currently detailed with Meguiars Ultimate compound (on my oldest car), Ultimate Polish, and I just tried the Ultimate Wax.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Yes I've used it the foam gun and to me it works just as well as any other shampoo,Some complain that it streaks the windows but I haven't had that problem.I too like to use entire lines of products at once and don't cross over while washing/waxing my cars.I use Meg's ultimate,Meg's gold class,Pinnacle,and from the recent sale I've just purchased Wolfgang autobathe/qd/spray sealant/and fusion mini.DP xtreme works well to but the thickest foam IMO is the Pinnacle,while the thinnest foam is the new XMT gloss shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the worst car wash I've used by far, and I'm not one that picks up on all the subtle nuances between different wash products. It doesn't clean well, and leave a scum almost oily film on the car and streaks on windows-which reappears when they get wet. I think Corey even said it's the worst product he's ever used.

Just buy DP Extreme Foam on BOGO. Otherwise I love Duragloss car wash and Meg's Gold Class.
    2009 Yamaha FZR Waverunner 1812cc supercharged 82 mph GPS
    2010 Honda Fit Sport (wife's car) DGES, DP, OC2.0 & CQUK tester
    2014 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 Silver CQUK

Post Thanks / Like

Now I have not used or and don't plan on using Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax so I can't speak to the quality of the soap itself.

In my opinion the point of a foam gun is to pre-soak a vehicle before washing. In the same way the point of Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax is to leave behind some protection after the wash. So in my opinion there is not really a reason to use Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax as your foaming soap.

Can you use it if that what you have? Yes, but as others have said and I will reiterate there are better options out there.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I was not impressed with the wash and wax. It seems to streak as it runs down the car (I did measure the solution to make sure it was diluted properly). I have been a meguiars fan since I attended a detailing class taught by Mike Phillips (when he worked for them) and have exclusively used their products. I am open to trying new brands. I just tried the Ultimate line of products after switching from the NXT line. Since my cars are daily drivers, I liked the look of NXT 2.0 and it seems to protect for a long time. So far, I'm up in the air with the Ultimate Wax. It was a pain to put on and take off, but the surface was so slick and the water sheeting was amazing. I'm interested to see what the durability is like. I'm looking for a wash/shampoo that will easily and thoroughly clean and not diminish the shine.

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    Megs Gold Class or Duragloss 901 gets my vote. If the Megs W&W is what you currently have then try it out in the foam gun. Personally I would rather have a great shampoo and then dry down the car with a spray wax, then have a sub-par wash and wax soap. I love Megs products, but don't care for the W&W.
    I've never tried to dry the car with a spray wax. I've always done it separately. What's the best way to do this and how do the results differ from doing the two steps separately? I just tried Megs Ultimate Spray Wax. So far I'm happy with it, but I don't have any lengthy experience with it. I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on the spray wax also.

Come to think of it, it sounds ridiculous that I'm washing the car with a "wash and wax" product and following it up with a spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Volvo - i'm not an expert by any means, however i personally don't think the wash and wax products leave that much wax on the paint... again, just my opinion and i do not have any scientific proof of this...

I have been using Duraglos Aquawax as my spray wax for almost 2 years now... I LOVE this product... it is very strong though... only need to apply it once a month, maybe once every 5 weeks... it makes my black metallic paint on my truck and the solid silver on my civic 'pop' (i hate that word)... It makes the paint slicker than sh*t. Now i have noticed because it's a synthetic spray wax the water beads are larger, more like water ponds. When i pull out of my drive way and make the turn at the end of my road, all the water on my roof dribbles down onto my windows and the water on my hood rolls off the side and is no longer seen! Oh and BTW, i also use the aqyuawax on my glass, rubber and plastic trim, and my chrome rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duck_commander View Post
    Volvo - i'm not an expert by any means, however i personally don't think the wash and wax products leave that much wax on the paint... again, just my opinion and i do not have any scientific proof of this...

I have been using Duraglos Aquawax as my spray wax for almost 2 years now... I LOVE this product... it is very strong though... only need to apply it once a month, maybe once every 5 weeks... it makes my black metallic paint on my truck and the solid silver on my civic 'pop' (i hate that word)... It makes the paint slicker than sh*t. Now i have noticed because it's a synthetic spray wax the water beads are larger, more like water ponds. When i pull out of my drive way and make the turn at the end of my road, all the water on my roof dribbles down onto my windows and the water on my hood rolls off the side and is no longer seen! Oh and BTW, i also use the aqyuawax on my glass, rubber and plastic trim, and my chrome rims.
    I used Aqua wax for the first time this weekend and I really liked it. The blue paint on my mother's car looked great. It's supposed to rain today so I'll see how it beads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast