autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What shampoo is best against water spotting?

Of the more popular shampoos out there, are any noticeably better than others are reducing water spots?

Often times I find that by the time I'm ready to go around the car and dry it with a towel (after a 2bm wash using Gold Class), I've got a lot of water spots forming. I'd like to reduce this as much as possible.

So are any of the following better at this, or perhaps adding ONR to my wash mix would help?

Duragloss
    Optimum
    Born to be Mild
    Zaino
    CG Maxi Suds
    etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What shampoo is best against water spotting?

Some will say I'm nuts but if you add a ltille ONR to your wash solution that seems to help, at least for me in the summer as my house gets sun in front all day no matter when.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO there is no shampoo that can reduce this problem. I have a ton of shampoos and have never noticed any that prevent this. The reason being is that you have to rinse the shampoo away more water that has zero shampoo solution in it hence letting untreated water sit on the surface. Even if you rinse with distilled, you will have some water spotting from the water collecting dust then concentrating it into a smaller area as it dries.

The best way to prevent water spotting is to get the vehicle or section of a vehicle dry b4 it air dries. Methods may vary but using a Master Blaster, leaf blower or drying towel are among the most popular.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    IMO there is no shampoo that can reduce this problem. I have a ton of shampoos and have never noticed any that prevent this. The reason being is that you have to rinse the shampoo away more water that has zero shampoo solution in it hence letting untreated water sit on the surface. Even if you rinse with distilled, you will have some water spotting from the water collecting dust then concentrating it into a smaller area as it dries.

The best way to prevent water spotting is to get the vehicle or section of a vehicle dry b4 it air dries. Methods may vary but using a Master Blaster, leaf blower or drying towel are among the most popular.
    You just can't argue with good old common sense!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. That does make a lot of sense...

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I have mostly cut out regular washes. I do ONR washes for the most part now. And since you do 1 panel at a time it is a non-issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked the same question in another thread. A few said they use Meg's NXT shampoo the product discription says it has water softeners. I will add to my next order to give it try.
    Ryan Gville,LA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Spot On!

The water in your area or the softener or purifier you use has the most to do with it beyond drying it in a timely fashion. You must dry ASAP!

The only thing some do better than others is sheet water well leaving less drops. I find a well polished surface sheets water exceptionally well.
    Doctor, would you concur?
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcg1 View Post
    I asked the same question in another thread. A few said they use Meg's NXT shampoo the product discription says it has water softeners. I will add to my next order to give it try.
    I squirt half an ounce of ONR in my wash with some shampoos but that doesn't matter for water spots during the rinse. Gotta dry it quick.

I like the way water sheets off when I use UPGW (Ultima Shampoo) personally.

The best thing I ever did for water spots was take my hose off the outside outlet and run it through my garage off the washing machine inlet where it is able to take advantage of our homes purifier... Well, that and not washing in the sun. :dancebanana:
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Corey, your post from earlier today made them break the dancing banana!

:dancebananadancegooddogwoof!:
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast