autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best paste wax for a white car

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss #501 followed by DG 105 or 111. 105 warm and glossy, 111 wet and glossy. Even though you said paste
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO you could use either of the Products you listed and not be able to tell any difference. Just do a 50/50 and the hood and test my "theory".

I sure wish I was able to tell the difference Deep and glossy versus warm and glossy...I feel like I am missing out

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that you should....
    -Follow the advice to prep your vehicle to the highest level of your expectations/standards!

-And since you requested some suggestions for "Best Paste Wax"....
    If I were you, I'd want a paste-wax-LSP, that upon drying/curing, would be as optically clear as possible....
    This will allow your prep work to "shine" through without being "distorted" as much as possible.

A couple of my favorites:

Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Paste Wax is carnauba paste car wax with polymer additives for maximum longevity. Meguiars #26 High Tech Paste Car Wax is great

Collinite Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915, car wax, paste auto wax

18 oz. Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476, carnauba wax

3M Perfect It Show Car Paste Wax, 3m 39526, creates an ultra high gloss finish, with long-lasting protection!

Remember: Paste waxes have different: Ease of application/removal characteristics than their liquid/spray counterparts..
    Along with different levels of protection/durability [whether that be actual or perceived....(empirical vs. laboratory testing, perhaps???) ]

Whatever you decide:
    Have Fun!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Best paste wax for a white car

WoW!! That's a lot of responses and great suggestions. Thanks, members. What I seem to hear everyone say in unison is that the preparation by way of polishing and prepping the paint prior to waxing is as important as the waxing itself.

I do have the required polishes and once I get the Flex, I'll do the required prep before I decide on the wax [already have Collinite 845, will try to get samples of Dodo's white waxes and a mini-fuzion].

Thanks everyone. The suggestions are exactly what I'll work with. Once I'm done with this activity and have completed the job, I'll post pics on a new thread in the appropraite section of the forum.

Cheers,
    aK
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ajay K

Post Thanks / Like

Fk1000P. Durable, slick, releases dirt well, amazing value, and it looks good on white.

Post Thanks / Like

not a paste wax, but i have searched this question and found that the forum commonly recommends duragloss products on white. and they can also be had at a great price. (just picked up 501/601/105 last week).

agree that you will get a whole list of suggestions, from expensive to not so expensive. i'm actually surprised there is such a range of opinion. it seems like a clean nicely waxed white car looks good whether there's a 12$ wax on it or a 100$ wax on it. most also tout easy application.

i will be following the AGO member's advice that it's the prep work that brings out the wow.

a real test would be a blind test. line up a bunch of freshly detailed white cars (or maybe more practical, one car with different waxes on each panel) with the only variable being the wax and then compare and rate them not knowing the product.

reminds me of a study on wine. when people were told how much a bottle of wine, they tended to rate that wine higher than the less expensive wines. when they were blinded to the price, the less expensive wines were rated higher.

of course, part of the fun is collecting those fancy waxes and you can't discount the emotional factor for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwtaco View Post

a real test would be a blind test. line up a bunch of freshly detailed white cars (or maybe more practical, one car with different waxes on each panel) with the only variable being the wax and then compare and rate them not knowing the product.
    It's on black, not on white, but search on Google for "big wax test full review" to get an interesting blind test of different waxes on identical cars
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwtaco View Post
    not a paste wax, but i have searched this question and found that the forum commonly recommends duragloss products on white. and they can also be had at a great price. (just picked up 501/601/105 last week).

agree that you will get a whole list of suggestions, from expensive to not so expensive. i'm actually surprised there is such a range of opinion. it seems like a clean nicely waxed white car looks good whether there's a 12$ wax on it or a 100$ wax on it. most also tout easy application.

i will be following the AGO member's advice that it's the prep work that brings out the wow.

reminds me of a study on wine. when people were told how much a bottle of wine, they tended to rate that wine higher than the less expensive wines. when they were blinded to the price, the less expensive wines were rated higher.

of course, part of the fun is collecting those fancy waxes and you can't discount the emotional factor for sure.
    The blind test was done in the summer across I believe 7 different waxes on 7 cars exactly the same color, make and year. Anyone have a link? Based on my recollection, 845 and Swissvax came out in the top 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried diamond white this weekend. Digging it out of the small jar and applying by hand did not work for me. I may try removing with a putty knife and applying by machine. I ended up using GPS followed with Optimum spray wax. The gloss is amazing. Don't know about how durable it is yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast