autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Best paste wax for a white car

Fellow members and experts,

I'm planning to pick up a good wax this month [during Christmas sale(s)] and I need any suggestions you can help me with. Until now, the only wax I've used on my ride is Collinite 845 Insulator wax.

My car is white and I need a wax that will give a nice and deep, rich gloss. I know it's hard to get a white car to shine like a mirror or look wet like a black or darker colors, but I want to buy one that makes a white car look the best.

Options I know so far:

Wolfgang Fuzion
    Dodo Juice Diamond White
    Dodo Juice Light Fantastic
    Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax

Could you please provide your experience or opinions on which amongst these [or any other one I do not know about] is the one I should go for?

TIA! good day.

ajay K
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ajay K

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best paste wax for a white car

You will probably get 100 different answers here..lol. I really have liked Dodo Supernatural, and Supernatural Hybrid on white. They give a great shine, and make the car look super wet. Hybrid also boosts so very good durability, although I have never tested it myself.

In the end AG sells a lot of great waxes, and I don't think you would be disapointed in any of them. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

The final product is important but not nearly as much as polishing the surface prior to applying it. You don't state if you have a machine polisher but I suggest you look into it if you don't. Below are two examples of my white car. No wax or sealant has been applied, the pictures were taken after machine polishing using Menzerna Intensive polish. This sets the stage for the wet look shine you are seeking regardless of what final product you use.

Last edited by RTexasF; 12-02-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Best paste wax for a white car

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    You will probably get 100 different answers here..lol. I really have liked Dodo Supernatural, and Supernatural Hybrid on white. They give a great shine, and make the car look super wet. Hybrid also boosts so very good durability, although I have never tested it myself.

In the end AG sells a lot of great waxes, and I don't think you would be disapointed in any of them. Good luck!
    Flannigan, thanks. I am considering the Supernatural but wasn't sure about the hybrid version. Since I'll be polishing prior and apply sealant, would it still make sense to get the hybrid version over the natural wax one?

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    The final product is important but not nearly as much as polishing the surface prior to applying it. You don't state if you have a machine polisher but I suggest you look into it if you don't. Below are two examples of my white car. No wax or sealant has been applied, the pictures were taken after machine polishing using Menzerna Intensive polish. This sets the stage for the wet look shine you are seeking regardless of what you use.
    Thanks Rick. I don't own my own Flex yet but I'll be using one to apply polish/sealant before laying down the wax, yes. I have Blackfire WD and Menz PO85rd, so I'll be applying either one and then apply wax.

Appreciate the sugeestion, thanks And your ride looks excellent [and wet]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ajay K

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a pretty good argument for fuzion on white...

Fuzion on White (Pics).

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Collinite 845 on my bro's silver Honda and it really brings out the reflections in the paint!!

I had gotten some dodo light fantastic to test on his car! Will test it on his and post a few pics!

I've noticed that only a few waxes are capable of making a difference on a well prepped and polished paint! Generally, a lil glaze even after final polishing and before the wax really amps up the results!

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845 - Good stuff cheep...!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

845 is most durable on your list, but you are going to have a very difficult time seeing a difference between 845, Fuzion, and Dodo.

I'd would spend 10x the effort on the prep work prior to LSP, then any of the above will look phenomenal.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    845 is most durable on your list, but you are going to have a very difficult time seeing a difference between 845, Fuzion, and Dodo.

I'd would spend 10x the effort on the prep work prior to LSP, then any of the above will look phenomenal.

Three coats of 845 on my Alpine White BMW with Pinnacle Souveran Spray wax as a touch up..Amazing results...IMO..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post

Amen!
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast