autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PB's S&W or DP's Waterless Auto Wash

I'm looking for a pure quick detailer which contains no wax, just cleaning agents.

I was just going to get PB's S&W which I've heard good things about, but then saw DP has a very similar product. Anyone try both, or can comment on one or the other? Does one have a higher concentrate of lubricants?

BTW, just recieved my order of 2 jars of Souveran. Will be putting it the car within the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    S&W is all I've used (and have 2 gals of it), but I'm sure the 4-in-1 at QD dilution would be a great alternative at a much cheaper price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys, and Mothers Showtime are my personal fav's

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace1
    S&W is all I've used (and have 2 gals of it), but I'm sure the 4-in-1 at QD dilution would be a great alternative at a much cheaper price.
    I have 4:1 and have tried it at the QD level. I think it's something like 2 oz. per 32 oz. of water. Anyways, I really didn't care for it. Then again, maybe it was because the vehicle was pretty cold and my MF's were just spreading the 4:1 QD rather than absorbing.

The only reason I want this is for my car when it's a little dusty. I'm not someone to QD my vehicle daily, and I usually just wash it once a week. I just want something to have that would work well.

I might have to give my 4:1 QD another shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have and love both products.

Poorboy's Spray and Wipe works great for quick touch-ups on light dirt, dust, road grime, bird bombs, etc.

However, in the winter months here in Michigan I don't know what I would do without DP 4-in-1. My process is to go to the powerwash to spray off as much road salt and grime that I can. Then I go home to park the car in the garrage. Next, I add 1 oz. of DP 4-in-1 in a bucket and I add a gallon of warm water. I soak a Cobra super plush Jr. in the solution, clean the car and dry with a guzzler. I mist some of the DP 4-in1 dilluted at the QD ratio on the heavier grime.
    Last edited by SVTContour; 02-20-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Bobjones
    I have the PB Spray and Wipe and the DP Waterless Wash. They are comparable products, however I find the DP is slightly better at water mark removal than the spary and wipe. That said both products should be followed up with either PB Spray and Gloss or DP Gloss Booster as neither the PB S&W nor the DP WW have glossing agents.

As for the DP 4in1 with the QD mix, I find this is good for a quick removal of fingerprints or something where I don't need to clean and would not use the Gloss Booster. The 4in1 has gloss agents and thus on a clean car that is already got fresh wax and been boosted by Gloss Booster this is a good alternative.

I really htink I have too much DP stuff but it all works great...

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear goodthings from the Poorboys

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy's SW for dust QD, DP 4-in-1 for waterless wash (when finish is dirtier). Works great.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I already use 4:1 for a rinseless wash. I wanted something to just be able to spray in wipe.

PB's it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    I already use 4:1 for a rinseless wash. I wanted something to just be able to spray in wipe.

PB's it is.
    I think you've made a wise decision.

I use 4-in-1 for rinseless washing and as clay lube. I don't think it works as well as a QD. Poorboy's IMVHO makes an unbelievable waterless wash. I've tried many QDs over the years and S&W is definitely my favorite cleaning QD.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast