autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice on good care products!!

I need your help. I'm new, just posted intro an hour ago. I just purchased a 2011 Ford F150 FX4 super crew in race red. I'm gonna own this truck for years. I didn't realize there were soo many care car products out there till I found autogeek, WOW. I would like some direction in what to get to keep my truck beautiful. Everything from waxes and cleaners to wheel and window care. Any thoughts and help would GREATLY be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on good care products!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belushi8 View Post
    ...I didn't realize there were soo many care car products out there till I found autogeek, WOW. I would like some direction in what to get to keep my truck beautiful...
    The only sane thing to do is buy one of everything that's out there.

Just kidding, although many of us get carried away trying this and that. What I'd do is to read as many posts as you can on the products you may use then get a feel for the folks who seem to know what they're talking about consistently. That'll take some time but any other way and you'll be blown around like a leaf in the wind. Everyone has a fav thing they use, but I guess the good thing is most of the products out there will serve their stated purpose well enough; if they didn't they wouldn't be around for long.

Post Thanks / Like

Anything that AG carries is good stuff......

Post Thanks / Like
    Just do some reading, take advantage of search, and I am sure that will get you on the right path. To many great products to just throw names at you.

Post Thanks / Like

Spend 30-60 minutes a night for two weeks on here and you will learn a ton and will have a very good idea what works good.

Then go shopping on Auto Geek so you don't waste money on unnecessary products.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll be addicted before you know it lol Like everyone else said, a lot of members here (including myself) try new products CONSTANTLY. I've gotten pointed in the right direction many times by just asking questions about a particular task or product.

Take a look through all the categories on autogeek, read the reviews and find some that catch your eye. Not all the reviews are always spot on from my experience but generally they are. After you have found some use the search feature to find some more hands on experience people have had with the product.

You can look at some really in depth reviews of products in the "Product Reviews" section of the forum. CEE DOGS reviews will give you all the information about a product you could ask for.

Also read the Mike Phillips section
    Of the forum, you will learn a lot there. He also has recently put out a book in paperback or e-book format which ever you prefer. Its fairly inexpensive, shows you how to do most processes and also lists products for each step.

Good luck and welcome!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

welcome!

nearly every question for beginners is addressed in the forum. easily found using the search function. i actually type my question in google and add the word "autogeek" and found this to be more effective than the forum search function. its all in here!

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everybody. I kinda forgot about the search function. Will give it a shot.