autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best carpet extractor under 250?

My budget is 200-250... What do you guys recommend?

My current process,

Vacuum
    Treat with folex
    Agitate W/ carpet brush
    Vacuum w/ shop vac

It takes a long time with the shop vac. I would like a better means of extraction.

I don't want a ton of hoses, I would also like the water hot, and I don't want to have to ask my customer for hot water lol

Ive seen a lot of videos on youtube about extractors but it's a bit overwhelming. I want something decent under 250 that will speed my process up and suck up a lot of water.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best carpet extractor under 250?

I think your budget is too low for a decent extractor unless you are going to go with a consumer cleaner like bissel, etc. which looks unprofessional.

I would save up and get a good extractor for around $800. It is going to be commercial grade and work alot better. It will also look more professional.

Do it right the first time and you won't have to worry about it later.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with Toycar18 about the Bissel looking unprofessional if it gets the job done then no problem. Remember no shame in your game. I too cant afford a extractor like the Hot Rod or Mytee. I do and have no problem using Folex, brush and shop vac. I was thinking about getting the Bissel Pro Heat Little Green. If you have a customer then that means they don't want to do the work or believe they can't do the work and that's why they hire detailers like us. As long as you get the results then you did your job.
    Ryan Gville,LA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcg1 View Post
    I don't agree with Toycar18 about the Bissel looking unprofessional if it gets the job done then no problem. Remember no shame in your game. I too cant afford a extractor like the Hot Rod or Mytee. I do and have no problem using Folex, brush and shop vac. I was thinking about getting the Bissel Pro Heat Little Green. If you have a customer then that means they don't want to do the work or believe they can't do the work and that's why they hire detailers like us. As long as you get the results then you did your job.
    I was looking at the little green today at sears. Looks highly portable. Ive seen some mixed reviews about it.

I'm not going to be dropping 800 dollars any time soon so I'm leaning towards getting a better shop vac.... also, sears has a great return policy. They guy told me, take it home, try it, if it's not what you need, just return it... Seems legit right? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Home depot is great with returns I never had a problem. I'm thinking about getting the little green or the auto care version not sure what the difference is. You can get the power brush that rotates and scrubs for the little green instead of having to scrub with the brush that comes with it, that's the only drawback I find. If I get it I will get the power brush or whatever it's called. My shop vac is fine but would like to upgrade to a stronger and bigger vac. Also I seen other detailers results with the little green with Folex in the tank and can't tell that he didn't use the aztec hot rod or Mytee. I know it will take a few minutes longer but gotta work with what you can get. Send me a PM when you decide what you get and how you like it and I will do the same of I get 1 before you. That's what this forum is great for helping each other out.
    Ryan Gville,LA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcg1 View Post
    Home depot is great with returns I never had a problem. I'm thinking about getting the little green or the auto care version not sure what the difference is. You can get the power brush that rotates and scrubs for the little green instead of having to scrub with the brush that comes with it, that's the only drawback I find. If I get it I will get the power brush or whatever it's called. My shop vac is fine but would like to upgrade to a stronger and bigger vac. Also I seen other detailers results with the little green with Folex in the tank and can't tell that he didn't use the aztec hot rod or Mytee. I know it will take a few minutes longer but gotta work with what you can get. Send me a PM when you decide what you get and how you like it and I will do the same of I get 1 before you. That's what this forum is great for helping each other out.
    For sure, I'll be getting something by friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Only problem I've had with my LG machine is having to use a separate brush for corners. However I'm thinking about fabricating an extraction head to fit a shopvac size hose, I've got plenty of steel and lexan to work with to make one. kinda a final pass drying nozzle I guess
    Mildly modified 04 Redfire Cobra
    Race port, Pulleys, Full Exhaust, ported intake, Amazon Tuned. 512rwhp 503rwtq.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    I was looking at the little green today at sears. Looks highly portable. Ive seen some mixed reviews about it.

I'm not going to be dropping 800 dollars any time soon so I'm leaning towards getting a better shop vac.... also, sears has a great return policy. They guy told me, take it home, try it, if it's not what you need, just return it... Seems legit right? lol

If your looking at a Bissell get the pro heat version.....
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful the Sears by my house has a 15% restocking fee for those appliance.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

you can get a bissell replcement extractor head for about 10 bucks on line and then go to home depot to get a shop vac reducer and use your shop vac for that-those little bissells dont have the lift like your shop vac does-save your money for a real machine

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast