autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What Exactly is TWax Pre-wax Cleaner??

Packing up for my move yesterday, and I come across my TW Black Box kit that I inherited with the car. Obviously I don't use this stuff over my other products, but I do play with it from time to time. It comes with 3 things, a detailer, a liquid wax, and a "pre-wax cleaner".

What I can't figure out is exactly what the pre-wax cleaner is? From a little searching I see it refered to as a compound/polishing product, but it also says that it has filling properties like a glaze. Does it have any stripping properties that you would expect to find in a pre-wax cleaner?

It goes on like a liquid wax, does haze, and buffs off like a wax would. Any idea??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Exactly is TWax Pre-wax Cleaner??

Sounds similar to many paint cleaners in it's functions.

Even many of the top notch paint cleaners you find here have some minor filling abilities. Read the description under the WG paint cleaner or even one of my personal favorites the Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion.

Pinnacle, Ultima, and Sonax are my three favorite paint cleaners out of the 6 I have used.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post

Even many of the top notch paint cleaners you find here have some minor filling abilities. Read the description under the WG paint cleaner or even one of my personal favorites the Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion.

Pinnacle, Ultima, and Sonax are my three favorite paint cleaners out of the 6 I have used.
    Hi Corey, which are the other three you've used (if you don't mind naming them)? Planning picking up a paint cleaner, just not sure which one to get. Would the BF GEP be among the other ones you've tried? Thinking about getting that one, as I do like BFWD, and was thinking it'd make sense to get a paint cleaner in the same line.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    Hi Corey, which are the other three you've used (if you don't mind naming them)? Planning picking up a paint cleaner, just not sure which one to get. Would the BF GEP be among the other ones you've tried? Thinking about getting that one, as I do like BFWD, and was thinking it'd make sense to get a paint cleaner in the same line.
    Hi umi, I have not tried the BF paint cleaner and I think if your using that line then using that paint cleaner is an excellent idea and a great way to go. One thing I notice about a lot of the paint cleaners is there doesn't seem to be a huge difference in them as far as obvious qualities but I guess that's true of many types of products. The pinnacle I thought was just an all around excellent paint cleaner. The Sonax I really like how it works with waxes. And the Ultima Paint Prep Plus has primers in it that aid in the durability of UPGP. Also, I love the way it smells and how friggin glossy the paint is with it.

I've used the swissvax and two others along with the three I named in my post but for the life of me I can't remember what the other is. It was something I grabbed at a car show and I haven't heard of it since. Started with a C I think.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, well my trunk had quite a few flaws, so I wanted to see what kind of filling ability it had (if any). Should I assume that it stripped that area of any seal/wax product applied before? Really wasn't looking to strip it, just wanted to see if it filled.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of turtle waxes paint cleaner filling abilities. I would bet it has more than some but wouldn't count on it to help fill anything more than very fine marring from a polish that wasn't finished all the way down.

I would definitely be assured it stripped the old waxes etc.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

To avoid excessive "marring"...

Caution should always be observed when using any overly-aggessive-abrasives-laden pre-wax cleaners on modern day BC/CC paint film systems. More than just a "cleaning" of the clear-coat's paint film surface may occur!

IMO, many OTC pre-wax cleaners fit that bill.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Hi umi, I have not tried the BF paint cleaner and I think if your using that line then using that paint cleaner is an excellent idea and a great way to go. One thing I notice about a lot of the paint cleaners is there doesn't seem to be a huge difference in them as far as obvious qualities but I guess that's true of many types of products. The pinnacle I thought was just an all around excellent paint cleaner. The Sonax I really like how it works with waxes. And the Ultima Paint Prep Plus has primers in it that aid in the durability of UPGP. Also, I love the way it smells and how friggin glossy the paint is with it.

I've used the swissvax and two others along with the three I named in my post but for the life of me I can't remember what the other is. It was something I grabbed at a car show and I haven't heard of it since. Started with a C I think.
    Thanks for the input Corey, appreciate it
    Francis