autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which meguiar twin combo for swirl remover?

Hi folks

I am lost looking thru the list of products Meg offering. After reading most of the thread seems like #105/#205 is a very popular choice. Recommended for beginner for first time paint correction?

What are the other different combo?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which meguiar twin combo for swirl remover?

Look into the Meg Microfiber system for DA polishers.

Pretty easy to follow and the polishes are much easier to work with than #105.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on if your doing this by hand or by machine. If you are doing it by DA, I would rec Megs MF kit. Easier to use and you can get great results. The M105/205 combo is a great kit, however it takes a bit to get used to. The 105 has a learning curve. Ultimate Compound is sold at most stores and has a little less cut to it but is easier to use. The follow up to UC would prob be Swril X? Not really sure because I personally don't use that set up. I use the Megs MF kit, M105/205 and Menzerna line. Do you have a DA or rotory?

Post Thanks / Like

If your going by hand Ultimate compound ultimate polish/ polishing compound is a great combo. just tried UC and Polishing cmpd combo by hand, works great for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which meguiar twin combo for swirl remover?-testing-jpg   Which meguiar twin combo for swirl remover?-another-after-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    It depends on if your doing this by hand or by machine. If you are doing it by DA, I would rec Megs MF kit. Easier to use and you can get great results. The M105/205 combo is a great kit, however it takes a bit to get used to. The 105 has a learning curve. Ultimate Compound is sold at most stores and has a little less cut to it but is easier to use. The follow up to UC would prob be Swril X? Not really sure because I personally don't use that set up. I use the Megs MF kit, M105/205 and Menzerna line. Do you have a DA or rotory?

I am using the Meg DA. Thanks! 105 sounds "scary" to me being beginner. I am looking for a "user friendly" to add into my arsenal. Had got the WG twins. But price is steep.

Everyone is talking about Meg and i believe I could get it easier in my country...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitoy22 View Post
    If your going by hand Ultimate compound ultimate polish/ polishing compound is a great combo. just tried UC and Polishing cmpd combo by hand, works great for me.
    Great work! Both 105 and 205 by hand?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryMobile View Post
    Look into the Meg Microfiber system for DA polishers.

Pretty easy to follow and the polishes are much easier to work with than #105.

MF kit is the kit with Meg pads?

Post Thanks / Like

105 and 205 are best used by machine, and work well with DA's which are probably considered a bit safer for newbies and weekend detailers.

Scott

Junior Member Mike@DistinctImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Terentius

I would also look into the UC & UP combo. Both can be used via DA polisher and produce very nice results. As others have mentioned M105 does have a learning curve but you could maybe give UC a go and after getting comfortable with that then move up to M105. When I was getting into compounding I first used UC on my DA with great results. It hardly dusts and is way more user friendly than M105. UP is the OTC version of M205 with less cut, as is UC. They also work well by hand. I got my DA microfiber system recently and that is a definite option as well. Works very very well and is easy to use IMO.

Good luck with your choice!
    Mike Honeyman
    Distinct Image Detailing
    www.distinctimagedetailing.co.za

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DistinctImage View Post
    Hi Terentius

I would also look into the UC & UP combo. Both can be used via DA polisher and produce very nice results. As others have mentioned M105 does have a learning curve but you could maybe give UC a go and after getting comfortable with that then move up to M105. When I was getting into compounding I first used UC on my DA with great results. It hardly dusts and is way more user friendly than M105. UP is the OTC version of M205 with less cut, as is UC. They also work well by hand. I got my DA microfiber system recently and that is a definite option as well. Works very very well and is easy to use IMO.

Good luck with your choice!
    Thanks for all your input!

I guess UC/UP and MF Kit are more beginner friendly - I guess I will go for UC/UP coz it is easily available and also I have a couple of LC pads.. ( I guss of MF kit to be effective ?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast