autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Mustang GT- NightMare!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang81 View Post
    Ouch, I'm sorry you feel that way. It's always horrid having buyers remorse, especially on such a large purchase.

If you really do think they won't stand behind their warranty, is there really any harm in putting a tune in? Maybe if they mess around with you after the first time you have a problem?
    Auto companies dont like people making there car faster. Because in there mind your ruining the car. I know its stupid as hell, mustang owners know this more than anybody put your mods on after the warranty is up.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gogoggansgo View Post
    Auto companies dont like people making there car faster. Because in there mind your ruining the car. I know its stupid as hell, mustang owners know this more than anybody put your mods on after the warranty is up.
    yes but from I hear..even if you car is BONE stock and it goes..subaru will deny you or fight it as much as they can to try and deny your claim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    yes but from I hear..even if you car is BONE stock and it goes..subaru will deny you or fight it as much as they can to try and deny your claim.
    I would not doubt it at all Japs are the worst when it comes to claims

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jreblackGT View Post
    . My '11car Mustang was delivered with some swirls then I got lazy and took it to a good car wash one time. It's covered with swirls now. Since then I got a PC so I know it will be rectified but I created more work for myself by being lazy.
    I plan on using Menz Power Finish with a LC white, rather than #205, then PO106fa with a LC black pad finishing with BFWD and Collinite. If anyone has a better idea I'm open to suggestions.
    Just because the paint and clear is soft does not mean it is of low quality. Ford in some ways has some of the best paint jobs. Look at my other comments and you will see my reasoning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gogoggansgo View Post
    Just because the paint and clear is soft does not mean it is of low quality. Ford in some ways has some of the best paint jobs. Look at my other comments and you will see my reasoning
    Softer paint makes it easier to get the orange peel corrected!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang81 View Post
    Softer paint makes it easier to get the orange peel corrected!
    yes and it is easier to fix paint defects, but it also tend to get defects easier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    the clutch is mushy, the hill assist feature is god awful and more hurtful then helpful i think. The fact the engines are not that great as they seem to have ringland issues due to a HORRID subaru tune to meet EPA standards seems to happen more to the STI then WRX and if you put on a tune to actually make it safer for the car subaru voids warranty. hell they will blame you for anything they can from what i am reading even if the car is bone stock and you kept up with all maintenance. They dont seem to back their product one bit and every time I drive my car or get on the gas I am afraid its gonna blow and they will say they wont cover it and make up some BS why they wont. This car was a big mistake of a purchase.
    Why do you say Subaru voids the warranty if you re-tune the engine? It's not technically true, nor is it even legal (Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is the basis of the theory that they cannot void your warranty due to aftermarket parts). If you change the tune and the tune itself is the cause of the problem, they don't have to pay for that specific repair. For example, you change the tune, the tune is bad and has way too much timing, and you drive around with constant knocking & pinging, and burn a hole in a piston or bend a rod, they can say that the tune directly caused that problem. But let's say your a/c unit stops cooling. That would have nothing to do with your tune, and they would have no reason, no right, and I would have to even assume, no inclination to even try to deny fixing it.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I know about the whole they cant void this and that blah blah..but they will nit pick and find something they can to point the blam back to the owner and not their fault for making a POS product. Go read on some subaru forums..Subaru will fight you and do as much as they can to try and deny your warranty claim even if your car is BONE stock. I could probably list a few threads on here real fast with people having problems that subaru is bending them over and not standing by their product. this is my first and last subaru I will ever own

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    I have a 2012 Mustang with the soft paint . I swear that just spraying it with the hose puts scratches on it .
    I have a 96 SVT Cobra black. It too scratches just by looking at it wrong. I bought the best cover I could and it scratches like crazy. It sits in the bag waste of $300. Once I get it corrected I'm going to try Colonite 845 on it. Been using Meg's Gold class carnauba.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shame your in a position to not put a tune on it. I recently watched an episode of Wheeler Dealers on Velocity where they took a Subaru and did a Dyno tune plus performance exhaust and cold air kit and picked up an easy 50hp. I thought your version of Subaru was a big time tuner car. If all you did was a tune via a handheld tuner it saves the own tune. So if something goes wrong, reload the factory tune before you take it in for service. Though it seems your mind is made up.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast