autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Beginner with polish question.

Hi Autogeek folk. I am going to be polishing, and Opti-Coat 2.0'ing my 2011 Black Honda Fit very soon, and have a few beginner questions that I hope you guys don't mind answering. I know ideally I pictures would be preferred, so I might be able to upload them later. For starters though let first try to explain the vehicles paint condition. Basically the paint is in extremely good condition. I have always washed it with nice mf mitts, and dried with clean mf towels, and recently have been using a dedicated leaf blower, and going over the left over spots with a quick detailer. There are extremely light, barely noticeable finest of fine swirl marks throughout the paint though. I'm almost hesitant at calling them swirl marks as they are so light, and can only be seen under the most precise conditions. What would be the best way to try and come to 100% correction with this condition? The polishes and pads that I currently have are Menzerna Power Finish, Menz PO85rd, grey, blue, white, orange, Lake Country pads. Should I just start off with PO85rd with a grey pad and see what happens with that, and if I need more cut then go to Power Finish, or just start with Power Finish right off the bat.
    Thanks for your time and attention!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beginner with polish question.

With what you have listed, I would start with 85rd and and maybe grey, or blue. If that doesnt cut it, maybe try white, although white shouldnt be needed. This is all based of them being the "finest of fine" imperfections as you mentioned.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beginner with polish question.

LuxuryMobile, thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. It's appreciated. That's what I was sort of hoping for. I think I will try what you suggest. If need be I can always work my way back.