autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I layer 303 and Ultima Interior Guard?

Hey guys, so a lot of us put down a sealant then top it with a wax for looks. So I was wondering, I like Ultima Interior Guard + because of it durability. But I like the look of 303 Aerospace protectant more. So could the same rule as the exterior (most durable product first) apply here? If I put down the UIG+ then top it with 303, would there be any adverse effects? I don't see why there would be but would like your guys input. Thanks everyone!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I layer 303 and Ultima Interior Guard?

Bump
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

I guess a trial would be best..... I don't really know.

I have used Megs Hyper-dressing then UTTG for a topper and it has held up well. I needed the darkening effect of the Hyper Dressing that UTTG doesn't provide. I am not sure if 303 will adhere to the UTTG like it would to bare plastic. I guess a small test area would be your best bet.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Hey guys, so a lot of us put down a sealant then top it with a wax for looks. So I was wondering, I like Ultima Interior Guard + because of it durability. But I like the look of 303 Aerospace protectant more. So could the same rule as the exterior (most durable product first) apply here? If I put down the UIG+ then top it with 303, would there be any adverse effects? I don't see why there would be but would like your guys input. Thanks everyone!
    Is UIGP more durable than 303 AP?
    You like the look of 303 AP more than UIGP? Then why change?

I like:

303 Aerospace Protectant 16 oz

Four times more than:

Ultima Interior Guard Plus 12 oz., interior protectant, rubber & vinyl protectant, dash dressing

Using 303 AP instead of UIGP reduces some of the adverse effects purchasing car care products has on my wallet...

If you would, though, please keep us posted and provide a few before/after pics if you decide to "layer" interior trim 'protectant products'. At this point in time, I don't see myself doing that.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

303 streaks on top of UIGP...I forgot that I applied UIGP a week ago and just did a wipedown of my dash with water followed by 303 on sunday. My dash is streaky now and needs to be stripped and redressed.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

This statement from the 303 website says to me it should be used by itself only:

303 is not oily or greasy and does not attract dust. In fact, 303 treated vinyl repels dust, dirt and stains, stays cleaner longer and is much easier to clean when finally soiled. Since 303 contains a tested-safe-for-vinyl cleaner and is a cleaner and protector combined, precleaners and precleaning usually are not required.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    This statement from the 303 website says to me it should be used by itself only:

303 is not oily or greasy and does not attract dust. In fact, 303 treated vinyl repels dust, dirt and stains, stays cleaner longer and is much easier to clean when finally soiled. Since 303 contains a tested-safe-for-vinyl cleaner and is a cleaner and protector combined, precleaners and precleaning usually are not required.
    That statement on the website seems to be a contradiction to all the instructions for vinyl prep directly above it on the page. The above instruction indicate to use a colloidal cleaning agent before applying the protectant.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

That statement reinforced what many of us have experienced; 303 is a "cleaner, and protectant". I have always thought that the cleaning ability was very light which makes sense that it may not remove all of the UIG below causing the streaky appearance. Hard to say. I've also experienced that look applying it to a hot dash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonMiles View Post
    That statement on the website seems to be a contradiction to all the instructions for vinyl prep directly above it on the page. The above instruction indicate to use a colloidal cleaning agent before applying the protectant.
    Staying within the 303 products line...they state that they have several colloidal cleaners.

303 Aerospace Cleaner,303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 products

Also:
    ....303 Product Cleaners utilize a unique colloidal action to lift and suspend oil, grease and dirt. They do not contain soap, detergents, toxic organics, phosphates, nitrates or caustics. Our cleaners are extremely effective and extremely safe and leave no residue like most cleaners.....

....To understand the nature of 303's colloid cleaner technology, one must first know what a colloid is NOT. It is not a soap, detergent or petroleum solvent. 303's colloid cleaner is non-toxic and does not have a flash point.....

....A 303 colloid cleaner product is completely people-safe. With it, there are no effects from over exposure. There are no special storage requirements. 303 colloid cleaners are non-hazardous, non-flammable, non-toxic, non-explosive, non-fuming, non-caustic and 99% biodegradable.....

The above excerpts from:
    The 303 Fabric and Vinyl Convertible Cleaner removes stains and soiling from your vinyl or fabric top through a unique colloidal action.

Perhaps these 303 cleaners are useful prior to applying 303 AP. There's probably other colloidal cleaners that will serve the same purpose.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless if you clean before 303 or not I was referring to the OP's question. In short I would use one or the other not both on a dashboard.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast