autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Purple Power Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    I recently stopped using it on tires and wheels because I was told that one of the chemicals in it will dry and rot tires.
    If allowed to dry on the tire and not cleaned off then not dressed sure it will cause dry rot but I would assume (reading how meticulous you are) that you wouldn't allow that to happen...

The chemicals that cause dry rot to happen are only going to effect the tire if allowed to stay on the tire... Just like any chemical... It even says good for use on tires on the bottle...
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's available just about everywhere and works quite well.

Like so many other cleaners of this type caution should be exercised because it is quite strong. As a couple here have already mentioned, diluting it is important for some areas but for external use I pretty much use it full strength.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I picked it up a few weeks ago and have been using it. Ever since though, I've been wondering how it compares to other APCs/Degreasers. What is the difference between a PPOwer, Super Clean, Simple Green etc etc. Are they all basically the same? Vary in strength, or have other qualities that set them apart from one another??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by courtdale View Post
    I picked it up a few weeks ago and have been using it. Ever since though, I've been wondering how it compares to other APCs/Degreasers. What is the difference between a PPOwer, Super Clean, Simple Green etc etc. Are they all basically the same? Vary in strength, or have other qualities that set them apart from one another??
    PP is generally cheaper than the others (if you buy it in gallon form or 5 gallon form)

Tried SC and did not like the product overall

Simple Green is ok at best unless you are talking about their SG Aircraft then that is a different story... Plus SG stinks bad IMHO...
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

I started using PP on Flash's recommendations. Like everyone else has said, you can buy it anywhere,it's cheap and really works well.

On a side note. Anyone already using PP. Has anyone encountered clogged up spray bottles? Especially using it FS. Just curious.

Thanks.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DLaw View Post
    I started using PP on Flash's recommendations. Like everyone else has said, you can buy it anywhere,it's cheap and really works well.

On a side note. Anyone already using PP. Has anyone encountered clogged up spray bottles? Especially using it FS. Just curious.

Thanks.

Dave
    Dave,
    I have had one sprayer "clog" on me and that was because I didn't use the product for a week (trying a different product) the problem I have had is the sprayer nozzle leaking after a few weeks...
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

I also use it on the wheels and engine as well. I use it 50/50 on the wheels but I am considering going stronger. I wash my car enough though that it's still strong enough and I never let dirt/brake accumulate in the cracks/crevices.

About 2 years ago I got an Olds Bravada as my winter vehicle. The guy that owned it before me literally never washed it, not inside or out. I used the purple power on the interior and it worked great. I accidentally even spilled a drop on the leather seats, which are light brown, but were black due to never being clean. I wiped it up and it left a completely clean spot and did not damage it. Don't think I'd risk that on the GTO's leather though lol.

opie_7afe

i like purple power but i use it on really greasy stuff like engine bays,really dirty chrome wheels, if i do use it on painted wheels i use a very low dilution as the PP can cause runs where you see drip trails where the pp ran. remember folks the active ingredient in purple power is sodium hydroxide, aka lye and yes it can dry stuff out as it is a hygroscopic substance(absorbs water) so i always wear gloves when using it because using it constantly drys my hands out really bad.but most do use a dressing on the tires which will rehydrate them causing no ill effect! of course never let a cleaner dry on surface reason being is that removes the water which spikes up the chemical concentration and can do some damage.well that's my theory!

Post Thanks / Like

I have use Castrol Super Clean and have found it a little more aggresive that the Purple Power. They are both better IMO than Simple green. For cleaning wheel, tires chassis and engine bays.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff, For $3 its the strongest I've ever seen.
    "Support Our Troops!" Go Army!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast