autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wolfgang DGPS

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang DGPS

I managed to come across some of this today and was wondering exactly how to use it. I have been using DP Surface Shield previously and it seems to be very different then Wolfgang in terms of use. I don't need to let the Wolfgang sit on the car for 40 mins before removing? Also do I still have to wait 12 hours before I can top it with a glaze then wax? The package says not to let it dry, but nothing about the time to let it cure. Thanks.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    i use this product religiously. based on what ive read, dont top any glazes with it (beside wg finishing glaze and dp finishing glaze. likewise, i usually apply DGPS to the entire car and then start removing when I'm done with the application. you should, however, let it cure for either 12 or 24 for maximum bonding with a carnauba.

just remember, the order is glaze>sealant>wax, or eliminate the sealant depending on the brand of glaze (see aforementioned).
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I didn't know that the sealant could bond to the glaze. I have some Megs #7 I want to try out. So I can glaze it first and then put the sealant on top of it, wait 12 hours then top with carnauba?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sealants MAY or MAY NOT bond properly when put over a glaze. Sealants work best when they bond to an acrylic base ie. AIO and SG. If the sealant does bond, there are no problems, but if there are bonding issues, durability will be sacrificed.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, its been advised by soem other on here that the only glaze that a sealant will bond to is either WG Finishing Glaze or DP Finishing Glaze. These are the only two that I definitely know of. With that said, when I get my Birthday discount from today, I will be ordering one of the two.

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantim0
    I managed to come across some of this today and was wondering exactly how to use it. I have been using DP Surface Shield previously and it seems to be very different then Wolfgang in terms of use. I don't need to let the Wolfgang sit on the car for 40 mins before removing? Also do I still have to wait 12 hours before I can top it with a glaze then wax? The package says not to let it dry, but nothing about the time to let it cure. Thanks.

Andrew
    Yes you do unfortunatly WG doesn't put that in the instruction on the bottle. They do however put that on there site:
    Directions:
    1. Wash your vehicle using Wolfgang Auto Bathe or your favorite shampoo. Dry completely.
    2. For the best results, use a paint cleanser like Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer to remove mild imperfections and wax build-up.
    3. Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use the included Cobra Deluxe Orange Microfiber Foam Applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad.
    4. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.
    5. Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing. Use the included Cobra Deluxe Jr. Microfiber Towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.
    6. This product is moisture-sensitive. In order to achieve a hard, durable finish, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant must cure for at least 12 hours before being exposed to moisture. Do not apply sealant before dusk because dew will interfere with the adhesion to the paint. Park your vehicle in a garage or under a shelter while it is curing, if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so everyone knows.....THIS STUFF IS CRAZY!!! There slickness is out of this world. The metal flakes are literally exploding out of the paint. Basically if you don't have this sealant, get some. The barely used bottle of DP sealant I have will be relegated to non-metallics from now on.

Post Thanks / Like
    what are those holes? spoiler or hood pins?

2003 Yamaha R6

Post Thanks / Like
    Just deleted the spoiler on the car. It's getting some caps for a few weeks. Then the holes are going to be welded up and the trunk resprayed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantim0
    Wow look at those flakes POP...wow I have a bottle but I haven't had the opportunity to use it, can't wait now. Very nice