autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend me a wheel cleaner

I own BMWs. Call me crazy but I like OPC as a wheel and tire cleaner for the money. I also like it because it works well on both wheels and rubber, but I use for many other uses. Megs APC+ is ok but still like OPC better.

I used Sonax again today and will not buy it again. Expensive and others work as well or better. OPC works better as a cleaner but the color change is very cool.

CG Diablo is weak but safe overall. It works but OPC works much better with more utility.
    CG Grime Reaper is strong but not pH neutral. I used Megs All Wheel rim cleaner for years without an issue on Bimmer rims. Cost is ok but wanted something pH neutral.

Have not tried the P21 or Griot's wheel cleaner. They are on my short list of products to try.

Post Thanks / Like

what did you dress the tires with?

I dressed them with Mequiers Endurance. Wipe on, let it sit for 5 minutes then wipe off. This is a new technique for me since I use to just leave it on there. But it would sling off and I hated that.

Post Thanks / Like

For general cleaning on cars that are maintained, I like the Griots or just Megs APC+, both seem to work equally well. A2Z works very well but checking the label, its scary stuff. I use it, and Megs WB on trashed wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    For general cleaning on cars that are maintained, I like the Griots or just Megs APC+, both seem to work equally well. A2Z works very well but checking the label, its scary stuff. I use it, and Megs WB on trashed wheels.
    What do you mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    I own BMWs. Call me crazy but I like OPC as a wheel and tire cleaner for the money. I also like it because it works well on both wheels and rubber, but I use for many other uses. Megs APC+ is ok but still like OPC better.

I used Sonax again today and will not buy it again. Expensive and others work as well or better. OPC works better as a cleaner but the color change is very cool.

CG Diablo is weak but safe overall. It works but OPC works much better with more utility.
    CG Grime Reaper is strong but not pH neutral. I used Megs All Wheel rim cleaner for years without an issue on Bimmer rims. Cost is ok but wanted something pH neutral.

Have not tried the P21 or Griot's wheel cleaner. They are on my short list of products to try.
    I don't think you are crazy at all. I actually use a combo of OPC and Griot's. If the wheels are not too dirt then I can use OPC. OPC works wonders on my back wheels - and they are perfectly clean when done. The front wheels need something stronger. OPC does a great job at dissolving surface brake dust but caked on brake dust is no match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munich77 View Post
    I don't think you are crazy at all. I actually use a combo of OPC and Griot's. If the wheels are not too dirt then I can use OPC. OPC works wonders on my back wheels - and they are perfectly clean when done. The front wheels need something stronger. OPC does a great job at dissolving surface brake dust but caked on brake dust is no match.
    I will let my wife know that I'm not crazy.

Sonax didn't get the rims clean on the 99 bimmer this weekend with lots of agitation. I was very disappointed. I had grime that I could remove with a tire and rim mitt and soapy water after brushing with the sonax.

I need to clay and then seal with WETS or UTTG. By the way, I really like WETS on the tires and rims of my new 528i. UTTG is holding up really well on the 99's tires too.

I will also give P21S and Griot's a shot with coming orders.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Griots OG green wheel cleaner. Does a great job and the price is right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    What do you mean?
    I think hes talking about it saying you should not use on painted or motorcycle wheels but have used on my bike plenty of times with no harm at all

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Recommend me a wheel cleaner

Is there affordable OBD2 Scanner, my car occurs someting wrong rencently. Do have any tip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carslying View Post
    Is there affordable OBD2 Scanner, my car occurs someting wrong rencently. Do have any tip?
    autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Actron-OBD-II-code-reader-for-1996-and-newer-vehicles?itemIdentifier=603853

Also:

Either P21S/S100 for safe cleaning of all wheel types.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast