autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HOw TO?

Post Thanks / Like

HOw TO?

what can i use to remove swirls? and to polish my car to leave a wet looking shine.

i have a buffer. so i am willing to use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    can u link me top the products i should use. and thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Buffing is a somthing that takes some practice to learn how to read the paint and product.
    you say you have buffer.. what kind is it. circluar, cyclo, dual action. Also what pads do you own at any. I can give you more info on those later.

As for product and procces..

Wash (with a good wash, perhaps even dawn for the first time, alot will get mad at me for this but it will help remove any dirt or wax on the car. Dont dawn everytime but it will help strip the wax)

Then i would clay. Here is a This kit includes two 4 oz. bars of DP Universal Detailing Clay and a bottle of DP Universal Clay Lubricant
    thats a lcay kit, its a litle pricey sine you get 2 bars and a bottle of lube. Its perfect for the beginer.

Then i would wash again (just to get all the clay resadue off the paint, you dont want to buff crap into the paint and casue more swirls)

Then i would start with a very mild polsih. Alot of people recomend using somting like the SSR line from poorboys, or 80 and 83 from megs. I find these all dust alot. I would reomcend Optimum compoind, just work it as far as you need to.

Optimum Compound is an aggressive compound that finishes like a mild abrasive polish! Remove swirls and scratches with your polisher with Optimum

remeber to let the polsih break down, do small areas. I know somwhere on the net there are videos of how to polsih. perhaps a search would be a good idea. but thats a whole nother thread.

Then i would wipe off all the resadue.

I recomend using a mild paint clanser here. Alot of people dont use them as they have clayed the car but its always nice to clean anything that might have goten on, as well as they weill enhase the depth.
    I use a product that is not sold by AG however they offer alot of good ones

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion car polish - This pre-wax cleaner and polish is a German blend of quality ingredients that will make wax application

From here i would wax the car.

This is a very personal type thing. What i want in a wax may be diffrent from what yu want.
    Since you are new you probley want a relitlvy inexpesive wax that works well and is easy to wotk with. here are my suggetions

DP Max Wax- Made with pure carnauba wax and advanced polymers.

S100 Carnauba Wax is a hand-poured blend of German waxes, proprietary ingredients and pure Brazilian Carnauba wax. motorcycle wax, bike wax, s100

Poorboy's Natty’s Paste Wax BLUE: The Poorboy’s Carnauba Paste Wax Formulated for Dark Paints! Just like Natty's wax but Blue! poorboys paste wax,

All these waxes will give great resluts for a lower price point.

There is also the option of a sealent. I do not use these as i love the glow of a numba however there are a ton of options. DO a search and you will find tons of info.

I hope this helps. Also let me knw about your buffer and pads and imsure I can help you out.

Good luck

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I think viewing some videos could not hurt....

Dual Action Orbital Polisher Guide:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash --- Pinnacle, Poorboys, Four Star, Wolfgang

Clay --- all choices great, look for kits to save $$

Polish --- Pinnacle XMT 3 and 1, Optimum, or Poorboys SSR 2.5/1.0

Sealant --- Four Star UPP, Wolfgang

Wax --- Pinnacle Souveran Paste, Pinnacle Sig Series II, DP Max Wax

or

The Poorboy’s Polish & Protect Kit

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this forum... no one is ever yelled at for not using the search function..

not more needs to be said... the great members above answered your question and then some!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugle
    I love this forum... no one is ever yelled at for not using the search function..

not more needs to be said... the great members above answered your question and then some!
    yeah ur right on that one...and thanks to the great members of this forums for helping me.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.