autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornado - yay or nay?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    Kris
    Two questions:
    What air compressor do you recommend to drive this baby?
    Is there an Optimum product that would work as a good dressing with the Tornado? I have yet to find one of their products I don't like. Thanks
    Robert
    I've ran the Tornador on small 2 gal. compressors. You can't really run them past 90 psi...so you really don't need a big compressor at all.

Obviously if you just sat there and held the trigger, with a smaller compressor...it would need to catch up with you. That problem would be eliminated with a bigger one. But, when I use it...it's a lot of stop and go. So it shouldn't be an issue even on a smaller model.

I'm really not familiar with Optimum products. No particular reason except for I've got no reason to venture out. But, I'm sure they have some stuff you can use. If they offer any kind of water based dressing...that would work. Any APC I'm sure would work too. It really depends on how you want to use the Tornador. I mean really anything in liquid form will work. You obviously don't want to use any corrosive product.

Post Thanks / Like

Kris, i would love to see a video demonstration of dressing being applied with that. i would think it would be a hot mess! i understand u say it is only a mist, but interior dressing only seems to take a second with a sprayer on a applicator pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post
    Kris, i would love to see a video demonstration of dressing being applied with that. i would think it would be a hot mess! i understand u say it is only a mist, but interior dressing only seems to take a second with a sprayer on a applicator pad.
    An applicator pad will not get in the crevices the way a Tornador does. You're just spreading it on the surface leaving dry spots, or possibly leaving excess dressing in crevices.

It's nearly impossible to be thorough with interior dressing just on an applicator pad. I can see spraying with a bottle, wiping the excess, and using the air hose...this is essentially the same idea as using the Tornador. Problem with that is...the excess dressing. It's just a waste of product cause most of it ends up on your MF.

With an applicator pad...how do you get the vents, tights spaces around knobs, buttons, levers, cupholders, compartments, etc? I mean unless you just wipe the large flat surfaces and skip all that...it's useless IMO.

It's not a mess at all. It's a piece of cake. It's actually the perfect dressing tool. I would put together a video if I had the time. The only time I have is late at night unfortunately. I'm sure I could get to it sometime this winter. Right now I definitely won't have time.

I think the only people confused by this product are the ones who haven't used it. You really just have to try it out. I've transformed every person that's every worked for me into being reliant on this tool. They all fight it at first...but now it's a necessity.

In all honesty, you just flat out can't perform as quick and efficient without this tool. It cuts time in half, literally.

opie_7afe

i wonder if a tornador would work on one of those kits for air tools to run them from a small co2 tank, like one of these:

Post Thanks / Like

Tornador - yay or nay ?

At SEMA 2011, Tornador promoted their newest model which uses less air, and a whip that swirls around on a Ball-bearing.

It has fewer consumable parts that need to be replaced, too.

It's a few more Dollars, but if you don't have a Compressor that can do 90-psi all day long, this might be the one for you.

What identifies it as the newer model... it has a Black Cone, instead of a White one.

Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornador - yay or nay ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2003 GMC Denali View Post
    At SEMA 2011, Tornador promoted their newest model which uses less air, and a whip that swirls around on a Ball-bearing.

It has fewer consumable parts that need to be replaced, too.

It's a few more Dollars, but if you don't have a Compressor that can do 90-psi all day long, this might be the one for you.

What identifies it as the newer model... it has a Black Cone, instead of a White one.
    Seems to be the same except for the black cone. Less air would be nice. I've never had a problem keeping it running though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, used it on a nasty interior, cut the time from maybe 8hrs to 4hrs (most of that was spent on the nasty carpet).

If your compressor can run one its a great tool. I use Meg's APC+ in it, I tried the regular APC but that foamed up and was useless.

Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly it has fewer consumable parts, so the "Black" model is cheaper in the long run. The Whip does not need to be replaced and the Cone does not get beat up on the "Black" model. Lower Air-pressure seems to be the way to go.
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2003 GMC Denali View Post
    Supposedly it has fewer consumable parts, so the "Black" model is cheaper in the long run. The Whip does not need to be replaced and the Cone does not get beat up on the "Black" model. Lower Air-pressure seems to be the way to go.
    Agreed. I think in most peoples case, the lower air pressure is a great step forward. I do like that they claim you don't have to replace parts too. I've had to replace 2 cones, and 2 hoses so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    About how much product is used for the average car, say a mid-size sedan? I am using UIGP on my two personal cars (Subaru Legacies), and since it is a somewhat expensive product, the further I can stretch it the better.

Thanks,
    Neil

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast