autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If you could guarantee a head light resto for 5 years what would you charge.

If you had a process to restore head lights and not have the cloud or fog up for a 'guaranteed 5 years', what would you charge? I charge $65 per pair now but I don't guaranteed anything. I'm looking into a new system and I'm looking for a new price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you could guarantee a head light resto for 5 years what would you charge.

I charge $100 for a pair of headlight....I give lifetime warranty....so far I only had to redo 3....I been doing it for 4yrs now...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you could guarantee a head light resto for 5 years what would you charge.

the only thing that you could probably use to guarantee that much years would be actual clear. Not cheap aerosol clear, i mean some PPG 2021 clear! You'd have to remove em and shoot em on a side with a good gun to not get that much orange peel. Hell, while your at it you could offer headlight and tail light tinting. Just drop some black in the clear and tint the lights. Whats good about this, is that you can choose from how light to how dark you want them. At a body shop i used to work at, they restored headlights and they cleared them. They charged around $180. To tint tail lights and such things, they would charge up to $250. Yes i know, thats expensive, but people payed for it left and right. It sure will be one of the things i will offer once i get my shop!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

I think it all depends on what the market can bear. $100 in your market may be equal to $200 in another market. Have you checked around to see what others in your area charge? In my market, $80-100 would be fair. Since you currently charge 65, I would think lifetime guarantee at 100 seems good. It also leaves room for discounts.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol I was thinking $150 with room for discounts!

Post Thanks / Like

So what type of guarantee is it? The sort the you'll get it redone for free if it fails, and most will just forget about? Or the type that will have you paying for new lights?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to tell us what the process is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    So what type of guarantee is it? The sort the you'll get it redone for free if it fails, and most will just forget about? Or the type that will have you paying for new lights?
    That's a good question. I was only thinking of a redo but a customer may insist on replacement. That would be a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Are you going to tell us what the process is?
    He will tell us but then he has to kill us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    I was only thinking of a redo but a customer may insist on replacement. That would be a whole different story.
    What?? How could a customer possibly insist on a replacement headlight if he only refinished it? That's like buying a used car with a warranty to get a new car if it breaks down...well, not exactly. How about that's like a customer having a swirled car and having it polished and expecting a new paint job if the car requires polishing again?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt guarantee anything for 5 years on a vehicle especially on headlights or tail lights in this day of age . You should have a guarantee of 3 years, and charge $100, with money back.
    Example: I have seen a brand new fully loaded 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 pick up truck, with fog in the tail lights, with Dealer plates on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast