autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Tips for working with 06' VW?

I'm going to be attacking some moderate defects on a 2006 VW Passat this weekend and from everything I've been reading the CC is really hard. Originally I was thinking of going with M105/orange CCS and then finishing off with M205/white CCS but I may be working in the sun which I hear isn't the best for M105 and I'd also like to get the wash, clay (actually using Elastrofoam which will cut down the time needed), polish, and seal all done within 8 hours max.

There are a couple newly painted panels (more than 30 days ago, don't worry) on the vehicle which I probably won't need to do too much work on but I was thinking of possibly seeing if I could possibly do a 1-step with Ultimate Compound and an orange CCS pad. I know this doesn't have as much cut as M105 but I just want the best combo in terms of time and amount of cut and finish I can get out of a product and pad.

I was also looking at making a quick order of Surbuf R pads though and using that with the M105 which will definitely speed up the initial cut so I can get to finishing it off with M205 quicker.

Just throwing some ideas out there. If anyone has some better ideas please let me know! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips for working with 06' VW?

Upon doing some more investigation I think Surbuf pads wouldn't be the best as they might be too aggressive. Now thinking of going with a yellow flat LC pad and M105 and then finishing with a white flat LC pad and M205. What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips for working with 06' VW?

What about the Meguiar's DA MF System? D300 on a cutting disc and a finishing polish with a black or green pad LC pad.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    What about the Meguiar's DA MF System? D300 on a cutting disc and a finishing polish with a black or green pad LC pad.
    Good idea! I always seem to forget about the Meguiar's MF System. Just put my order in and it should arrive on Thursday. I'll post up a new thread with my results after I give this system a try on Saturday.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk