autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dreaded area to clean?

I'd have to agree on the wheel well areas; I've yet to get special brushes for that. But I'm perfectly okay with windows - in fact I love applying rain repellent on all the glass panels.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOATH AND DESPISE GLASS!!!! IT always takes going over a few times to avoid any streaks...

The worst part is when I deliver the car and the customer points out a "sun streak" (One of those dang streaks that you can only see in the right angle with the sun at the right level) and for some reason no matter what I do the customer is the only one that can see it until they point it out to me...
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

I hate wheel wells. On cars it's hard to get all the areas well and I usually end up with a dirty arm from trying to reach everything. Sometimes I can't even get them very well with all my brushes so I have to do them by hand with a mitt.

A close second is the inside windshield. I always has to go back after I finish everything and make sure I don't leave any streaks or miss a spot

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down...front and rear windshield. UGH!!!!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

I hate water spots, whether on glass or finish. Also doggy drool on the door (inside and out) after I take 'mutt breath' for a ride, but he loves it, and I love him, so ...

I use Optimum No Rinse on door jams, I don't get it all, but they look decent after, but I'm not a pro. I've also used the cleaning wipes on door jambs, not great, but an improvement.

After the detailing bug has infected you, you'll not be satisfied until the vehicle is 'perfect', but it will still look better than most other ones on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Front and back windshield hands down. Cannot ever get those just right. Last weekend I did about a four hour wash and QD on my car. It was overcast and sprinkling right after I finshed the wash/dry down so when in the garage perfect environment for getting the glass right. So I thought next day I go for a drive and guess what right smack in the middle at bottom a big streak, I suck.

I sometimes bring out the floor jack to do the wheel wells. I use CG barebones a lot. I'm actually ok with those but my neighbors think I'm nuts jacking up the car to clean underneath.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123