autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: how to prevent battery drainage during long details?...

You could try taping the switches to kill the lights. If it pushes too hard put a penny or something behind the tape.

Post Thanks / Like

12V Automotive Settings Keeper w/9V Battery - Keep Your Personal Settings When Replacing Your Car Battery! GK504

go get this memory keeper. you plug a 9v into the car lighter or 12v accessory, then unplug the negative battery cable and the radio settings, codes, and alarm codes will all still be there as if you never unplugged the battery.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can put it in a garage. Wind chills will affect it a little bit ”.The best thing is once you start the car up, make sure it warms up and gives a chance for the battery to recharge. All these can prevent battery drainage. For more details visit www.batterywale.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Batterywale View Post
    If you can put it in a garage. Wind chills will affect it a little bit ”.The best thing is once you start the car up, make sure it warms up and gives a chance for the battery to recharge. All these can prevent battery drainage. For more details visit Buy Car Battery or Inverter Battery Online in India at Batterywale.com
    Cheesy, shameless plug

Post Thanks / Like

I'll chime in as someone who fixes cars as a living. I would definitely look into a good automatic charger if you're spending a lot of time in the car. With newer cars, sometimes even touching the door handle will cause the car to "wake up" and try to be primed and ready for the driver - fuel pump primes, bluetooth module wakes up and attempts to connect to the phone, and various systems go live. Most will "fall back asleep" within about 20 minutes, but an hour is not uncommon for some cars. If you didn't want to put a charger on it, I would suggest opening all the doors and leaving them open to help cut down on wake ups. Unfortunately a lot of times moving the seat or bumping a button inside can wake it up again.

I would also shy away from disconnecting batteries - as others have mentioned, it can sometimes be a headache reinitializing everything (from windows, clock, and radio to panoramic sunroofs and stability control systems).

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming you have electricity (who details without it?), buy a trickle charger.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsgntulok View Post
    Most probably it is not the dome lights remaining on for long periods of time that is the problem but moving power seats back and forth, up and down while cleaning carpets/mats that real culprit. If dome lights prove to be the real issue, on most cars they are easy to turn off via overhead switches.
    Yes and no, I totally agree that power seats are more of a problem but maybe its me on some cars I cannot figure out how to turn these dome lights off.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123