autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tires still brown after scrubbing...

try zep purple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    wesely's bleach white $4.00 a bottle use on a dry tire and watch the mud (brown) come off. i buy a few every time i need some.
    I have been using this product for over 40yrs and never had a problem. Easy to find and CHEAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Wesley's Bleach White is good stuff! I'll be trying the PEARL out this weekend
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

I had this problem, so try Eagle One A to Z all wheel and tire cleaner, but becareful and make sure you spray it all off, the tire and wheels with the hose. it is very powerful stuff and it will destoy your wheels. Then use meguiars endurance high gloss shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Wesley's Blech White. Someone mentioned in another thread that they did not like the "old technology", but this stuff has been around forever, and it works great.

However, brown tires are brown tires, even with this stuff. I have had this problem with more than one tire and it does seem to depend on the tire. UV light exposure is a big problem that seems to cause this, and no tire dressing will cure this problem. You may be able to temporarily color the brown black, but eventually it turns brown again.
    Take it easy. There are no big deals in life.

Post Thanks / Like
    westley's at $4 a bottle ?c I can get locally at f.f on sale for $5 a gallon . 7 something reg price .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slate G8 GT View Post
    Go to wally world and pick you up some bleche white. I was using APC and even OPC straight on some nasty tires and having to scrub them 4 or 5 times to get them looking decent, someone suggested bleche white so I picked some up and haven't came across a tire that took more than using it twice on to get 'em clean. It works better if you spray it on a dry tire.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLB View Post
    This. I haven't found anything that can touch Bleche-White - not even straight Optimum Power Clean.

DLB
    You folks are on the ball. I've been using Westley's Bleche-White for 25 years or more.

Dry tires are critical.

If you suspect heavy browning of a tire first buy Westley's. Second, apply it liberally to a browed tire. You may clean once, you may clean twice, but I've never went back a third time...no need to.

I always sprayed all four tires. Sometimes the product will dry on the first tire I sprayed before I get a chance to scrub it. No problem! Just mist with enough water, and only enough water to re-wet the tire and start scrubbing, mist lightly again, scrub some more. It really shouldn't take much effort in scrubbing.

I finally got smart and quit putting tire shine junk on my tires and simply kept them clean and black.

That said, I haven't tried any of the new tire and trim products, but thanks to a few good folks around here at AG I was told about Ultima products. I just recieved today my first order from AG and in the box was none other than Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus, or UTTG.

I actually can't wait to try a new technology product on a tire. I can also say that if I get browning with it on tires, it will no longer be used for such and I'll go back to just keeping them clean with Westley's.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Bleche White! Tried APC and went back! Love the look of Optibond!
    Kurt
    Is your ride a "Diamond in the Rough?"

Post Thanks / Like

I use a product called Citra-Plus for this. When you spray it on the tire you can see it begin to lift the brown off immediately. I spray it on a dry tire hitting all 4 tires and then blast the tire clean with a pressure washer and I rarely need to brush the tire to remove the browning. This stuff removes brake dust from the wheels very effectively as well without agitating. Some really tough cases where the tire is really brown I have had to mechanically agitate with a brush but most tires it works well. Just google Citra-Plus to find it. I buy it by the case or the 5 gallon container.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    OPC over ARO for me.

I've also has allot of success with Meguiar's Super Degreaser....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast