autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't make this s..t up. Good luck.
    2015 Audi S4 in Mythos Black Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cigaertette burn on headliner

You say knock off the bad jokes and follow up that the damage was caused by wearing a rhinestone encrusted hat?!?!?!?! Oh sweet irony...

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, it's actually "wardrobe malfunction". You don't want to upset Janet Jackson.
    Take it easy. There are no big deals in life.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Stu was just upset when he said enough with the jokes. Put urself in his situation. Wouldn't you be upset if you had damaged ur new car? Probally not in the mood to hear someone trying to crack a joke?

Its OK Stu. Keep us posted how it all turns out. Should you decide to ditch ur hat, send it to me, my uphoulstery already has rips from Trouble.
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cigarette burn on headliner

Thanks for not having enough faith in this forum's members to comprehend the "complicated" difference between a cigarette burn on headliner......and a gouge in the headliner inflicted by your 'wardrobe mishap'.

Bob

Hey Bob,

I don't know exactly what it is but I am noticing a bit of sarcasm in your replies. My intention was not to question your or any other member of this forums ability to be able to differentiate the difference between a cigarette burn and that of a gouge caused by a sharp object. Perhaps I was incorrect in using the word complicated (though I think most understood what I was trying to express).
    Heck, I would have been happy to have left it as a cigarette burn had it not been for the false assumption which you made in a previous reply to this thread. In that reply you stated the following:

Note:
    I realize that people are creatures of habit. But I've never understood why some people use their vehicles as a smoking lounge.....Especially a new one!
    To me this shows that the deep down desire for a "clean" vehicle must be far down their list of pertinent vehicle care methods.

Bob

In this reply you drew a false conclusion. You inferred that the person who caused the cigarette burn was in fact the owner of the vehicle. For all you know that damage could have been caused by a parking lot attendant. You than went on to speculate as to how strong the owners desire to have and maintain a clean car actually was. All this based upon your false assumption that it was the owner of the car that put a cigarette burn on the headliner.

Granted, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. However, if you feel that you must editorialize and psycho analyze you should really get your facts right.

By the way, I was just wondering. Do you come across this way in person or is this only the manner in which you conduct yourself when communicating from the safety of cyber space?

Stu
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

opie_7afe

i would just shell out the cash for a repair kit, as most repair kits repair carpet and cloth seats also so its well worth it, also its an additonal service you can add for your clients, i know one guy who uses such a kit and you really cant tell anything was repaired unless you look really hard...the kit will pay for itself anyways and its not too difficult to use. youtube some headliner,carpet,seat repair videos and should give you some information of what your in for with this repair.. good luck to you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123