Not sure which way to go here. I got some Dr. colorchip for my car and the color match was good, didn't fill the chips up (maybe just need to keep adding more light coats) but they are much less noticeable. Didn't really work well on some long scratches, but I believe this is stated on there website, so no big deal.

Now I was looking at the wife's car (only a little over a year old...) and there are numerous chips, scuffs, and scratches. I am looking for one product to take care of everything and I don't think the Dr. can do it all. Chips, no problem. Some other areas, like a bumper scuff about 1/4 inch wide by 2 inch long, I don't *think* the Dr. is really good for fixing.

I have a couple of options I was looking at. One touch up paint site I found sells factory colors (mixed by your model year and VIN for correct formula) in paint pens, bottles, spray cans, etc. I could use a paint pen or I also have an airbrush. I think the airbrush would be great for some areas, but a real pain for the chips (and I don't want to spend $100 just on touch up paint....). They also have the clear coat available in the pens and bottles.

I am thinking the paint pens might be the way to go. With a little automotive lacquer thinner I could probably get a smooth repair. Not sure if the Dr. would fix all the areas, so I would end up getting touch up paint from this other site anyway.

Any thoughts/direction/experience?

Thanks,
Neil