autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Einszett Gummi Pflege

I've read a lot of positive opinions about Einszett Gummi Pflege and I was curious what's inside it. I noticed a few weird things.

The Einszett UK site says that "it contains no silicone. Why is this important? Because many treatments for rubber do include silicone, which is great at making rubber look good - for a while, but not so good when it comes to dust and dirt."

However, the US site doesn't mention this. And if you look at the MSDS they posted, it says that the Gummi does contain silicone (polydimethylsiloxane). Isn't that hilarious?

Anyway, I think there must be 2 different formulas they use, and the US product is different than the UK one, EVEN THOUGH they have the SAME name and they're from the SAME company.

I've also found a German MSDS which doesn't mention any hazardous substance. Whatever is in the European version, I guess you can also drink it if you feel like it.

Also, the US MSDS mentions ethanol exposure, so I guess it also contains some amounts of ethanol. Probably small amounts, but still not exactly good for rubber.

So, does anybody have any idea what's in the European version of the Gummi? Is it wax based?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Einszett Gummi Pflege

Pretty sure you should stay away from silicone on your vehicle. In fact, I think I'd stay away from that gummi stuff altogether, based on what you are saying. Others may correct me. Let's see.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutoGeek

I can't answer your questions but I will say it works well and you'll see a bunch of people swear by it shortly. While it is very good I personally consider it over rated. I like it a lot but for the price it doesn't do things any better than a number of other products. Before making a selection I would consider Duragloss 531 as well. The durability on DG 531 is beyond any other seal product I've used.

Also, I would encourage you to remove the links to any site that sells products. It is against forum rules. It's not my business and I don't really care but just giving you a heads up so you can make the decision on whether or not to break the rule for yourself.

Cheers! A pleasure to have you at AGO.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Gummi Pflege for many years, old school German car guy, It's always kept my seals and body gaskets looking good with little environmental wear. Whatever is in it is fine with me.
    I generally do not change products once I find one I like, call me fanboy if you'd like, but I love most all DuraGloss products simply because they do what they say for a good price so I would not hesitate to say the reccommendation of the DG 531 product is probably solid as well but never used it.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=CEE DOG;525727]Welcome to AutoGeek
    While it is very good I personally consider it over rated. I like it a lot but for the price it doesn't do things any better than a number of other products.

Corey, but the applicator is worth the rating.

Post Thanks / Like

got a bottle last order. it is good at what it does. the applicator is good.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Corey, but the applicator is worth the rating.
    Good point,

Our buddy Jim sent me the DG531 in a dauper bottle similar to the GP but more durable.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I think silicon based products are those that we ought to stay away from using on vehicles. That EinZett Gummi Pflege claims to be water based, like most of todays dressings. If it has a little silicone in it, I highly doubt it would cause any damage to your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have gummy pflege and I use it.. I like it & it does a good job.. I have also used lemon pledge before and it works great too.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 2 bottles with my first order....its easy to use, the applicator is great. I also bought their Cockpit Premium cleaner...I am very happy with that as well.

Fussman

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast