autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Best LSP to make flake pop? Natty'Red, SigII,FK1000, Pete'53 ..?

Hey guys, I'm trying to narrow down my collection of LSP because I must have close to 100oz of paste wax..LOL

Here's what I have in terms of flake poppin' or metallic enhanced wax:

Natty'Red: To my opinion, I've seen huge increase in flake when doing a 50/50 with souveran on a black metallic car. So it works and smell freakin nice but it only last 2-3 weeks..

CG Petes'53: I've had good result on a charcoal metallic paint from Nissan and a B,W M3 green forest. Durability is average but the water sheeting is pretty good ( better than average).

FK1000: Last like 6 months and more and since it contains lots of polymer, it does give a metallic effect but does it really enhance it? I would like opinion, but for the price, I would say this wax is the best wax on the planet right now lol

SIG II: I bought this wax thinking it fitted in the metallic category but after using it on like 5 black cars, I can conlude that it doesnt mute the flake like souveran but it clearly doesn't make them popping or I did something wrong lol !?

What's your impression,feedback, impression; What would be the best wax for metallic paint?
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best LSP to make flake pop? Natty'Red, SigII,FK1000, Pete'53 ..?

The most dramatic flake pop that I witnessed was when Ed put Fuzion on Meghan's Chrysler 300.

Post Thanks / Like

It may depend on color and make of vehicle. I don't have time to wax every month so I need durability plus look. I primarily have sealants and hybrid waxes with durability in my LSP collection.

- OCW on my inlaw's mid-00's silver metallic Maxima is incredible. Surprising depth and the fleck just popped. I used it the first time because I needed fast. It made me a believer in OCW and lasts months. 10 minutes per month and protects even longer. I've seen pictures of red metallic with OS that looked incredible too.

- OCW on a dark grey metallic C class mercedes consistently looks terrific with nice fleck in the sun, although it may not be best.

- DPGS on my sister in law's Tahoe surprised us. She said that she didn't realize it was red metallic flake until I corrected and sealed part of her truck about a month ago. I can't say that it is the best but pretty nice for a long lasting sealant.

- DGPS on a Ford Explorer metallic blue green absolutely popped. Everyone went wow.

- I could never get our metallic champagne beige BMW fleck to really pop. Tried Fuzion, OCW, DGPS, CG Glosswerks glaze, OG Blitz, Souverain Spray, Souverain liquid and a few others that were just ok wrt fleck pop. We just turned in the lease, so I will never know the best.

I've heard good things about the FK1000. Long lasting, good finish and not expensive. Good to know that it works well on metallics.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the most spectacular look I ever saw was Blackfire wet diamond followed by midnight sun wax. That was then. I've seen that looked trumped by CG Blacklight topped with Pete's 53 followed by CG V7. I saw this combo first hand last week at a car show. Words can't fully describe the look on dark colors with flake. There are many choices out there that look great, but few leave me totally in awe.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

It's sounding like which product to use kind of depends on the color and mfr. of the car. The SSII makes the flake in my silver 350Z jump off the paint pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    It's sounding like which product to use kind of depends on the color and mfr. of the car. The SSII makes the flake in my silver 350Z jump off the paint pretty well.
    That's the thing I'm trying to fight, when I'm doing a customer car, I can't come back in a month to re-apply some natty red or do 10 test panel to see which one is best. I have to take a guess.

and this year, I mostly turned out to FK1000, SigII and pete'53

thanks for your advice so far!
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I can't comment on the others but I put fk1000p on my vette this weekend ( metallic grey ) and it shined so bright I couldn't look at it in direct sunlight!

Post Thanks / Like

what's your durability with Sig II ?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Supernatural ??? Fuzion ???

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

UPGP is another great option for flakes and has some great durability.
    I always found 845 to play well with flakes also.
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast